• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

**** OFFICIAL **** ICS COMING SOON thread... Post all questions and info here!!!!

Checked for an update 20 minutes ago and said one was available. Started downloading the update which is downloading VERY SLOW! Been stuck on 6% for 15 minutes now! About to just go to bed and see where it's at in the morning.

Edit... About 25 minutes later and it was still on 6%. Thought it might be hung up so rebooted the phone. Now when I go back into system update it says it's downloading an update but there's no indication on the taskbar that anything is being downloaded. Oh well, serves me right for being impatient. Will let it go until morning then do a factory reset if the problem still persists.

Upvote 0
Adobe flash is working with ICS.

Official OTA here, got it about 1am cst. edit: I did get the soak email and signed up for it.

You have to download flash from marketplace. Can't remember if I had to download it before ICS, interesting.

You also have to launch smartactions (if you use them), and grant it permissions for it to run, once you launch it, it will give you the option.

Power + voldown = screen shot. Do power first then voldown, and do it quickly or else your phone might power off :)

We should probably do a new WELCOME TO ICS thread to address some of these quirks, tips, etc... :D:D

Upvote 0
Mass Storage is there (like you are already used to), you do also have the dreaded or coveted MTP option.

I connected to my computer got a red X on one option.

Tried to click on my SD Card and it didn't work. Don't freak out, give your computer 1-2 minutes to figure things out (win7 on a quad core here, so it's fairly modern computer, if you have an older one, it can take longer).:D:D

edit: pic:

Screenshot_2012-06-23-05-09-11.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones