1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Official ICS for Galaxy Note N7000???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kwd1989, Apr 19, 2012.

1. kwd1989

kwd1989 Lurker

Hey Guys

Do any of you know when the official ICS will be available for the galaxy note??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Vicdude

Vicdude Android Enthusiast

The truth???
    No-one knows. Everyone has an opinion but no one knows. You'll also find that folk are that bored with waiting, they don't actually care!! :D

3. mpw

mpw Android Expert

4. Vicdude

Vicdude Android Enthusiast

That's an immense rumour to throw in the mix. Well played ;)

5. drunkenmax

drunkenmax Member

My daughter's Sensation updated yesterday.... I hate her sometimes

6. Gti fly

Gti fly Well-Known Member

It's already on the Galaxy S2 as an update, so fingers crossed the note won't be too long

7. frdmspoplr

frdmspoplr Well-Known Member

Supposed to be sometime during Q2. It was supposed to release alongside the GS2 but I think the delay was due to the Premium Suite.

8. mpw

mpw Android Expert

9. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

they will no doubt release it when its ready - none of the current unofficial releases are perfect so to say there is no technical reason not to release it is frankly hearsay and uninformed. The s pen functionality needs adding to the ICS base so its not like the nexus or s2 at all.

There are lots of devices without ICS yet so its not like the note is being singled out. ICS also doesnt game change the note. What are you expecting from it??

10. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

What? If the Note was identical to the SGII except for screen size you might have a point. It isn't, so you don't.

Stop whinging and start doing stuff with your phone! :D

11. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

Agreed. I bought my Note around a month ago now (upgraded from Galaxy S1) and even though I am so excited for the ICS update, I'm glad I've had to wait a while. It allows me to get totally used to this phone in its (already amazing) current state. Then, a couple of months down the line, I get an update that makes it even better.

Its nice to have things to look forward to. :D

12. mpw

mpw Android Expert

13. xxbazhxx

xxbazhxx Member

well a cousin of mine has just recieved the ics update for his galaxy SII and is now in the process of trying to find out how to go back to gingerbread cos in his words "its laggy,buggy and a complete mess" so imo the longer it takes to come to my phone the better, then hopefully all the teething problems will be adressed and sorted cos god forbid samsung put something on my amazing note that makes it crap :(

14. colnago

colnago Android Expert

Have you ever managed a multi-versioned, multi-lingual, global software rollout? I'm guessing "no" if you're asking these questions.

15. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

but I want an Umpa Lumpa now!!!

16. mpw

mpw Android Expert

17. colnago

colnago Android Expert

Fair enough, but software programming/development/testing is "different". Besides, Samsung also makes refrigerators...one shouldn't expect much. Especially when they did not create the OS that they are trying to modify.

18. mpw

mpw Android Expert

19. colnago

colnago Android Expert

Different enough that software bugs/meeting carrier requirements are not an exact science, and unexpected errors are sometimes found at the last minute. Obviously they are not planned, and could be significant enough to delay release.

If Samsung were "only a phone company", then maybe they could be held to higher standards (e.g. Nokia). Did you follow the Motorola Droid 1 software update release schedule? Their updates went out on time for the most part...however there were still issues requiring additional updates for the same OS release. Here we are talking about a brand new OS.

If you still want to know "why a delay", you may want to read this article:

http://www.bgr.com/2012/04/27/google-were-fine-with-keeping-you-waiting-for-slow-android-updates/

20. mpw

mpw Android Expert

21. mpw

mpw Android Expert

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews