• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*{Official}* ICS (ice cream sandwich) discussion thread

Just finished downloading. Only problem i seem to have is with the messaging apps, Go SMS, Viber and WhatsApp, very few contact pictures available. Off to see what Mr Google says about it:mad::thinking::rolleyes:

Did you find out anything about the contact pictures, mine have also disappeared from my contacts widget I use to hold favourites although they do exist fine in the stock messaging app.

Upvote 0
Quite a few annoying snags since installing ICS.

1. Vibration had stopped working so I had to send the phone back to HTC. Problem was fixed but since installing ICS yesterday vibrate has stopped working again.

2. When I had a Desire if I was browsing the internet more often than not if I tapped the screen to zoom in on the text it would freeze for a matter of seconds. This did not happen once in the 6 months I've had my XE until after installing ICS.

3. I've not had a single email through on the stock mail app since updating.

4. When looking through my call list some people are appearing as unknown numbers rather than showing their contact names.

5. The weather app on the clock no longer states my location just UK.

6. Facebook contacts doesn't seem to have synced properly. When going through friendslist they have older display pics than when I click to go on their page. Same out dated pic appears if they ring me.

7. Bookmarks are mixed up in a random order.

8. Sky Go no longer works.

9. And as already mentioned Go Sms Pro no longer seems to have thumbnail pics of contacts.

I'm sure their is more but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Upvote 0
Quite a few annoying snags since installing ICS.

1. Vibration had stopped working so I had to send the phone back to HTC. Problem was fixed but since installing ICS yesterday vibrate has stopped working again.

2. When I had a Desire if I was browsing the internet more often than not if I tapped the screen to zoom in on the text it would freeze for a matter of seconds. This did not happen once in the 6 months I've had my XE until after installing ICS.

3. I've not had a single email through on the stock mail app since updating.

4. When looking through my call list some people are appearing as unknown numbers rather than showing their contact names.

5. The weather app on the clock no longer states my location just UK.

6. Facebook contacts doesn't seem to have synced properly. When going through friendslist they have older display pics than when I click to go on their page. Same out dated pic appears if they ring me.

7. Bookmarks are mixed up in a random order.

8. Sky Go no longer works.

9. And as already mentioned Go Sms Pro no longer seems to have thumbnail pics of contacts.

I'm sure their is more but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

@5. i noticed that but if you go onto the weather app, click the function button and hit settings. Tick the box saying Monitor my location to turn on location tracking. Its obviously turned off by default as it can charge people without data plans.

Upvote 0
@5. i noticed that but if you go onto the weather app, click the function button and hit settings. Tick the box saying Monitor my location to turn on location tracking. Its obviously turned off by default as it can charge people without data plans.

Cheers for that mate but I'd tried that last night with no success :(

Also discovered today that I'm struggling just making calls. Calls not connecting at all, connecting but I can't hear phone ringing or the person answering at the other end, and calls cutting out completely in the middle of a call.

Upvote 0
Hi Folks,
Been a while!!!
I've been having issues with the OTA update; I've asked over in XDA, but I'm not really getting an answer...Hope you can help!

When ICS became available, I downloaded it; naturally, and it downloaded fine... however when it came to install it; I'm hitting a brick wall.

It displays the phone shutting down, and then boots into the installation screen; (the one with the black screen, phone and the green arrows; and the progress bar etc) however when the progress bar fills about a third of the way, a red question mark appears where the green arrows were and it boots back into gingerbread.
I've carried out a factory reset on the phone, but it hasn't made a difference.

It's absolutely frustrating the hell out of me; and I've trawled this and other forums, but haven't found a resolution.

I'm S-OFF, via revolution, and have stock recovery.
My CID is HTC__001 and HBOOT is 1.17.1111

I've added a screenshot of the SW info.

Is there any way I could get a bit of help with this please???

I will try to return the favour, somehow.

Thanks in advance, folks

Attachments

• 2012-03-19_22-56-22.jpg
    2012-03-19_22-56-22.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 19032012112.jpg
    19032012112.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
Hi Folks,
Been a while!!!
I've been having issues with the OTA update; I've asked over in XDA, but I'm not really getting an answer...Hope you can help!

When ICS became available, I downloaded it; naturally, and it downloaded fine... however when it came to install it; I'm hitting a brick wall.

It displays the phone shutting down, and then boots into the installation screen; (the one with the black screen, phone and the green arrows; and the progress bar etc) however when the progress bar fills about a third of the way, a red question mark appears where the green arrows were and it boots back into gingerbread.
I've carried out a factory reset on the phone, but it hasn't made a difference.

It's absolutely frustrating the hell out of me; and I've trawled this and other forums, but haven't found a resolution.

I'm S-OFF, via revolution, and have stock recovery.
My CID is HTC__001 and HBOOT is 1.17.1111

I've added a screenshot of the SW info.

Is there any way I could get a bit of help with this please???

I will try to return the favour, somehow.

Thanks in advance, folks

If I were you mate I'd ring HTC. Phone number is 01279206906.

Upvote 0
I don't think they'd do anything; considering the S-OFF via revo business.

I couldnt answer that mate but it's got to be worth a go. Whenever I've rang they've generally been pretty helpful. Also when I went through them instead of T-Mobile when I needed my handset fixed, a courier came and collected the phone the following day, they recieved it the day after, fixed and despatched it back the same day and it was back in my hands within 3 days of the phone call. T-Mobile quoted me 28 days.

Upvote 0
does anyone here have issue after installing ICS to sensation XE? mine is having white screen every time exiting applications. it goes to my home page once i quit an application. i don't know whether it's a compatibility issue, but i doubt it is the case. i'd been waiting for it since last year and totally disappointed it turned out like this. any suggestion?

hei, check your setting>develop option>uncheck the last third (dont keep activities) and see whether it appear again ^^ hope this would help

Upvote 0
Orange UK
Just downloaded and installed ICS...no problems so far, it looks very nice...

got ICS this morning...Orange uk sensation xe (seems unbranded - strange for orange :) )

few issues....

1- cant save a custom lockscreen wallpaper anymore, says its saved but doesnt

2- cant change lockscreen shortcuts - cant find the option to

3- sky go is now dead again :D wont work with ICS

and

4- love the new aeroplan mode....

yes aeroplan in wireless and networks

other than these im quite happy....

Upvote 0
does anyone here have issue after installing ICS to sensation XE? mine is having white screen every time exiting applications. it goes to my home page once i quit an application. i don't know whether it's a compatibility issue, but i doubt it is the case. i'd been waiting for it since last year and totally disappointed it turned out like this. any suggestion?

hei, check your setting>develop option>uncheck the last third (dont keep activities) and see whether it appear again ^^ hope this would help

Upvote 0
got ICS this morning...Orange uk sensation xe (seems unbranded - strange for orange :) )

few issues....

1- cant save a custom lockscreen wallpaper anymore, says its saved but doesnt

2- cant change lockscreen shortcuts - cant find the option to

3- sky go is now dead again :D wont work with ICS

and

4- love the new aeroplan mode....

yes aeroplan in wireless and networks

other than these im quite happy....

answer for your 2 question

u touch and hold and drag out the four icon at your home screen, and replace it with other, which will also show on the lock screen. ^^ hope i m helping you~

Reactions: wellz1892
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones