• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official JB 4.1.2 now pushed out to January

I keep expectantly checking Sammobile, but will probably give up for a while now. This article suggests that the update could be a little further off yet.

Samsung GALAXY S2 and GALAXY Note Jelly Bean 4.1.2 updates coming on January,2013 | YouMobile

I guess we can always hope this is wrong?

I should be noted that the link refers to the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE, SGH-i727R variant which is exclusively for Rogers in the North American market and not the Samsung Galaxy S2, GT-i9100, International version.

Reactions: dublevay
Upvote 0
It'll be June 2013 if Vodafone UK have anything to do with it!!!

I see no reason to use the Vodafone release, unless you are worried about warranty, which I am not. I flashed the unofficial version of 4.1.2 and am pleased not to have the Vodafone value add (LOL) applications.

Everything runs like a dream except perhaps that the battery life doesn't seem as good as 4.0.4. I presume this will improve with the official release.

Other than that the unofficial version appears to be 100% stable.

Peter

Upvote 0
It could be because Vodafone UK offer a 2 year warranty on the SGSII and that keith1210mk2 does not want to void this by flashing non Vodafone firmware I guess.

Point taken.

The way I look at is that you can always flash back the stock firmware unless there is a hardware issue in which case the firmware is probably not relevant.

I'm no expert and it is a personal choice for everyone.

Peter

Upvote 0
Dunno, a few Roms have caught my eye lately! Lol!

Well it's relatively vely easy to do, read up if your unsure how to root and flash a ROM and make sure you download a copy of your Vodafone firmware to flash back in the event of breakage requiring a warranty repair.

Once rooted use "Triangle away" to get rid of the pesky triangle on boot, but more importantly to reset your flash counter to zero. Then install "Mobile Odin" this will allow you to flash .tar files.

Depending on what the breakage is that requires a warranty repair you would need to flash the Vodafone tar and unistall all root apps. Hey presto a broken phone that looks like stock with no increase in the flash counter. Of course you run the risk of not being able to do anything, let alone flash with a broken phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones