1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[OFFICIAL] LG G3 Updates/Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JaRN99, Sep 2, 2014.

1. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

As soon as 5.1 is available. I highly doubt we'll see 5.0 since it apparently doesn't support VoLTE.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JaRN99

JaRN99 Android Enthusiast

Funny twist to the story here. Looks like the Verizon G2......yes u said G2.....is getting Lollipop today while the G3 has yet to receive it. Hoping this will be due to the G3 going straight to 5.1.

3. JaRN99

Stupid keyboard.....not "yes u said G2"......"yes I said G2"......LOL

4. grdh20

grdh20 Well-Known Member

I saw that. WTF? Priorities are all out of order along these lines. I really expected no less, but seriously? Only thing that would make sense is if there are show stopper bugs related to the G3 that they have uncovered. Something tells me it's just random Verizon crud...

5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Does the G2 support VoLTE?

6. grdh20

grdh20 Well-Known Member

It's going to be a close call. The g4 announcement later in April may come before the G3 gets off KitKat.

7. bolski

bolski Android Enthusiast

One other article I read said the LP upgrade for the G2 will come in various smaller updates. Looks like they aren't getting the full LP upgrade in one OTA. That in and of itself is strange.

8. JaRN99

Just read tonight that the T-Mobile G3 Lollipop update is now out.....go VZW!!!!......LOL.

9. grdh20

grdh20 Well-Known Member

blehh . .

10. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Back on 4.4.2, faster and bluetooth is better in my usage.

11. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Android Enthusiast

Yes. It was first to support Advanced Calling features and that's probably why it's first for Lollipop.

12. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Android Enthusiast

And on a side note...I'm ready A LOT of unfavorable reviews with Lollipop on multiple devices (including the G3), so why are we all upset that Verizon hasn't released it yet?

I'm quick to bash their release schedule like anyone else...but in this particular case, it may be a blessing.

dubie7006 likes this.
  13. grdh20

grdh20 Well-Known Member

You are right Mr. Link. 5.1 is supossed to be better. They should just release that. Then again, the G4 is out soon....

14. Boltgnut

Boltgnut Newbie

I was happy with the 5.0.2 update on my N7 until it completely died on vacation in Mexico when I updated my local news app (King5 news)
    I'm now very wary of Lollipop.

15. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Android Expert

I'm on Sprint with a G3, I got 5.01 a month or so ago & generally haven't had any issues with it. I've been reading on a couple other forums & some people are all up in arms saying "Lollipop is crap!" etc. but many people refuse to do a hard reset to see if it will fix their issues. Overall I think it's fine.

KOLIO likes this.
  16. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

I am on TMO as well as a friend.
    He recieved lollipop on the 7th and I have yet to recieve it.

He tells me not to download because his phone is laggy AF now.
    I advised him to try a factory reset as I can not find any other info or experiences atm (this forum change is jacked IMO).

17. PattiCakeUS

It can be a nuisance to do a factory reset, but yes, that's definitely what he should do because it could solve his lag issue. When you get an update like Lollipop, it tends to work better on a clean phone & a hard reset will "clear out the cobwebs" (a phrase I've heard elsewhere on this forum & I'm stealing it, lol). I didn't reset my phone when I got the update, but I'd only had it for about a week so I hadn't done a lot with it yet.

Hopefully that will fix it for him, there have been some people who say that doesn't work for them, but they might have an app that's not updated to work with Lollipop. And of course, some people just don't like the look of it - which is a whole 'nother thing.

18. grdh20

grdh20 Well-Known Member

I have to think that since we still don't have any update from Verizon, there must have been a show stopper in their version of Lolipop. This is the longest I can remember having any phone without a major OS update.

19. PattiCakeUS

My son & his wife have Verizon, she has the LG G2 & he has the LG G3. She got the update this week (& she's not having any trouble with it) but it hasn't come to his phone yet.

20. JaRN99

I'm hoping it's because Verizon will be going straight to 5.1....but time will tell.

21. JaRN99

Good news!!....on Verizon's website as of 4:23 a.m. on Monday, April 13.

Attached Files:

22. PattiCakeUS

What version is on the website? The version that was pushed out to my daughter-in-law's G2 last week was 5.0.2.

23. spitfire1337

spitfire1337 Lurker

Woke up to the system update available for my Verizon g3

Attached Files:

24. bolski

bolski Android Enthusiast

Just checked and it said 5.0.1 is ready. Going to wait. Need to see if it's still rootable or not.

#274 bolski, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  25. dubie7006

dubie7006 Well-Known Member

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews