• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Midnight Release Party Thread***

Hey guys! Is your Verizon Wireless/Best Buy having a Midnight Release party in your city?! POST HERE!! :D Tell us about your store and what they are doing to bring people in!

In Victoria, Texas! Our Verizon Wireless corporate store is having a MIDNIGHT RELEASE Party! First 20 people in line get a free docking station! They're having a bar-b-que, raffle ticket prizes every 30 minutes, AND live local radio coverage on hand. ALSO heard local radio stations advertise the Midnight Release party of the Droid X and they even used the Robotic "Droid" voice in the advertisment.

I'll be taking tons of pictures and I'll post them on here :)

What is YOUR local store doing to release the Droid X at Midnight?

Im not so sure I want to post the store down the street from me that is doing a midnight launch. Less people the better...don't want people camping right after work on the 14th. Haha

I haven't asked what my store is doing at the midnight launch though might swing by tomorrow and see what they have planned.

Im in Maryland though.

What time are you allowing people to line up on the 14th?

Upvote 0
Im not so sure I want to post the store down the street from me that is doing a midnight launch. Less people the better...don't want people camping right after work on the 14th. Haha

I haven't asked what my store is doing at the midnight launch though might swing by tomorrow and see what they have planned.

Im in Maryland though.

I like how you're thinking.
But its a community.. lets share
Well looks like imma call around to the 7 corp stores within 10 miles of me to see if one of them are doing a midnight release... I HOPE they are so i can play with the phone instead of sleep since it'll be my day off:D

Upvote 0
I like how you're thinking.
But its a community.. lets share
Well looks like imma call around to the 7 corp stores within 10 miles of me to see if one of them are doing a midnight release... I HOPE they are so i can play with the phone instead of sleep since it'll be my day off:D

Oh when Im in line I will be posting from my iPad/Droid and everyone in the area can come join! :D

Upvote 0

Im in Maryland though.

Well my City's population is only like 70k people. I get off work at 4:15 pm, the store is 28miles away and it takes me 30min to drive there. (70mph the whole highway). I think I'll get there around 5:30pm or so and stand in line :D

My wife is driving me, I go to work the next morning at 7:15am LOL! I'm going to try and nap on the way there and on the way home. I doubt it...LOL Red BULL SAVE ME!!! XD

Upvote 0
Well my City's population is only like 70k people. I get off work at 4:15 pm, the store is 28miles away and it takes me 30min to drive there. (70mph the whole highway). I think I'll get there around 5:30pm or so and stand in line :D

My wife is driving me, I go to work the next morning at 7:15am LOL! I'm going to try and nap on the way there and on the way home. I doubt it...LOL Red BULL SAVE ME!!! XD

I can see some of the people your I.T. department is suppose to help at work is gonna be reallly frustrated with you. From being tired and playing with your phone all day

Upvote 0
I can see some of the people your I.T. department is suppose to help at work is gonna be reallly frustrated with you. From being tired and playing with your phone all day

Actually I have my schedule for that day planned out. The Plant is split up into 4 areas. I cover one area and the other 3 IT guys cover the others. I've been busting my A$$ all week and will be on Mon-Wed next week so that I can sort of take a "Chill" day Thursday and get some "paperwork" at my "desk" done ;)

My schedule should look pretty laid back Thursday if I play my cards right, so far so good :)

Upvote 0
I'm up in Waco and neither of our stores are doing shit! Lol

In a way I guess that's a good thing. A store would only have a midnight party if there was a huge interest in the phone. No interest in my area hopefully equals go me walking right in at 9 and picking up my X and waking right back out 15-20 minutes later with a nice s-e-g and a new phone in my pocket.

Upvote 0
I'm up in Waco and neither of our stores are doing shit! Lol

In a way I guess that's a good thing. A store would only have a midnight party if there was a huge interest in the phone. No interest in my area hopefully equals go me walking right in at 9 and picking up my X and waking right back out 15-20 minutes later with a nice s-e-g and a new phone in my pocket.

Wow Really?! Waco is like Twice the size of Victoria, I figured they would have had something going on?

I guess cuz the market in Victoria is largely rural somewhat. I can picture about 30ppl standing in line, eating food etc. I can't imagine that going on in a Big City with 60+ppl standing in line. Run out of food etc LOL!

I guess this is the most exciting thing next to watching paint dry in these smaller Po-dunk towns. They need a Droid X release party to spice things up LOL!

It reminds me of that episode of Family Guy where they all move to the south and those 2 hillbilly's are arguing about weather the party in the big red barn is a "Hoe-down" or a "Hootnany" haha :p

Upvote 0
My local Verizon store is in a town of about 15,000 people. It's actually a very large store, however. I don't know if I should be worried about the line of people, or that they may not have a very large shipment since it is going to a smaller area. I was in the store over the weekend and they did not know anything about opening early yet. I want my DX on the 15th!!! Any thoughts about my chances?

Upvote 0
My local Verizon store is in a town of about 15,000 people. It's actually a very large store, however. I don't know if I should be worried about the line of people, or that they may not have a very large shipment since it is going to a smaller area. I was in the store over the weekend and they did not know anything about opening early yet. I want my DX on the 15th!!! Any thoughts about my chances?

Mine is about the same way. Its a pretty big college town, but there are few people there for the summer. I managed to get on a store list. The guy also said he could ship one to me if I called in the morning. overnight shipping ftw!

Upvote 0
No midnight openings by me, but I called around and found a store that is atleast opening up an hour early. He was very nice and said he has a live phone he can show me and already has some accessories I can buy or atleast see if I'd like to. He also is taking 'appointments' - they open at 8am and he asked what time I'd like an appointment for and I said 7:45:)D) and he just laughed and said ok. As to whether the appointment really means anything though, I have no idea.

I'm gonna try to stop by there today or tomorrow and check out the phone and accessories.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones