1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Official MIUI.US for EVO 4G LTE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rxpert83, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

takirb, EarlyMon, argedion and 5 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Ooooooo em eye you eye! :D

3. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Android Enthusiast

Sweeeeeeeet. I just got off of AOSP ROMs. I told myself I would stick to stock based ROMs for a while. Looks like I'm about to fall off the wagon.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well i never really liked miui for the og evo, but i might be willing to give this one a go. after all it is the only way i can satisfy my itch. i have been so itchy lately:(:D

5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

great find been waiting for this dl'ing as we speak yeah :D

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I gave it a flash.

I'd suggest reading the bug thread I posted, its only a couple of pages long.

Only bit of chinese I saw in my brief digging was the clock widget

ocnbrze and argedion like this.
  7. windsorclarenc

Ooh this is nice. I forgot how much I love MIUI. I'm still working on setting up with folders and whatnot but I've found 2 small issues. Google Now doesn't hear my voice. When I speak it acts as if my voice is background noise. I can get it to hear me if I shout at it very loudly. Maybe my microphone volume is down? If so can I fix this?

Also, this is just a minor annoyance. But whenever I download anything it gives me a warning about downloading a large file. I just have to hit yes every single time and it gets a tad annoying. There was a way to disable this warning on the OG's MIUI, but I can't remember how. Does anybody know how to do this?

8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I'd check and see if you have any sort of data limit set

9. windsorclarenc

I set the data limit to 99999999MB because I couldn't find a way to disable a data limit.

I tried flashing a Google Now zip to attempt to fix my other problem with no luck.

Edit: I fixed the prompt problem. I had to open the downloads app and hit settings. Then de-select the "Data download prompt" setting.

Edit 2: I fixed my Google Now problem by going to settings>sound>volumes and turned the voice volume all the way up.

Edit 3: The above mentioned Google Now fix only worked for one search. When I turn the voice volume up the confirmation noise (the example of how high the volume is) is very quiet.

nitkov, Rxpert83 and argedion like this.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

One of the fixes lusted in the bug thread was to uninstall Google voice search and then reinstall from market

11. d0g

d0g Newbie

Exciting!
    Can anyone say how is camera?
    does it have all features of stock?
    Hold down button for continuous shooting?
    Hd video?
    Etc?
    Screenshots would be awesome.

(I'm on the fence about upgrading to Evo vs SIII )

Thanks!

12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Well, all the fancy sense camera features are proprietary, so they likely wont ever make the jump to an AOSP Rom like this one. However, aosp camera operates normally

This ROM was just released, so I'm sure it has a few bugs that will be works out in the coming weeks.

Screenshots can be found at the link I provided.

Get the evo :D

dustwun77 and ocnbrze like this.
  13. windsorclarenc

I think I've run into one too many bugs. Facebook not working is a deal breaker for me. I'm going to jump ship, but it was cool for a little while. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this for sure though.

14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Can't go wrong with either phone but you'll go more right with the LTEvo. ;) :)

I wanted to try this, but will wait until it's a wee more settled.

I'm going to de-Sense Viper4G and install some icon packs while I wait for the right JellyBean for me. The other CleanRom is looking pretty interesting as well.

argedion likes this.
  15. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

has anyone tried taking the voicemail app and installing it in this? this would be a great daily if I had the voicemail app. I to quickly went back to viper as I did a few minor mods with it and was itching to see how they turned out. so right now i'm back on (virus 2.0.2 with a touch of brain damage :D)

16. nullspace

nullspace Well-Known Member

Let us know if you notice much difference after de-sensing please. I've been contemplating trying this out too.

EarlyMon likes this.

HTC EVO 4G LTE Forum

The HTC EVO 4G LTE release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2000mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews