• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Official moto car dock

Xbound

Jul 10, 2010
Hello all, planning to get an x this Thursday, and would really like the motorla car dock, but I have a troubling question. Does this dock have a dedicated 3.5mm audio out Jack?

I would really like to keep the audio Jack connected from the dock to my trucks stereo so that all I have to do is slip the phone in the dock and drive.

This seems like something that should be standard, but it shows no information on the motorola dock page.

Thanks all!

That is correct, the 3.5mm jack and the micro-usb must be plugged directly into the phone, when using the Motorola Car Dock. Seidio makes a car dock for the Moto Droid that I am looking at which does not require you do plug and unplug the charger every time you use the car dock, however, the audio jack needs to be plugged in every time.

This is due to the fact that the audio jack is on the top of the Droid and the power jack is on the left side of the Droid.

Upvote 0
That is correct, the 3.5mm jack and the micro-usb must be plugged directly into the phone, when using the Motorola Car Dock. Seidio makes a car dock for the Moto Droid that I am looking at which does not require you do plug and unplug the charger every time you use the car dock, however, the audio jack needs to be plugged in every time.

This is due to the fact that the audio jack is on the top of the Droid and the power jack is on the left side of the Droid.
The dock for the X has a micro usb port so no unplugging every time (it does not plug directly into the phone) You plug the power cable into the back of the dock.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies everyone. I am coming from an iPhone since 2007 and really love the dock connector being so versatile.

I love the idea that my cigarette lighter iPhone dock in my truck is permanently connected via 3.5mm to the dock and all I have to do is set my phone in the dock and it becomes my trucks audio source and charging dock. Put on and pull off.

I will surely miss this convenience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones