1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Official] Moto X Reviews

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wolfedude88, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

2. vicshalls

vicshalls Android Enthusiast

cnet has one as well.

3. vicshalls

vicshalls Android Enthusiast

all the reviews i have read all pretty much say this is a good phone has a chance but the price is a little too high. with that being said who is going to get it? The more i read the more i am leaning to getting it. The only people that seem to not like it are on forums.

4. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

The battery life reported by Droid Life doesn't seem as good as Engadget was impressed. The best DL got was 57% left after 9 hours of light usage. That equates to about total 21 hours of light usage. The engadget guy got well over one day with his normal usage though he didn't say details on that.

Not sure whom to trust more, but if it's more like what DL got it's similar to GS3 I think.

5. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Sounds like anyone who uses this phone normally (calls, texts, emails, GPS, light browsing) is going to get great battery life. Dunno about you guys, but I never watch HD movies or play games on my phone.

The more I read about the X, the more excited I am to get one. Now I have to decide if I want to swap to T-mobile from Verizon and if I want to wait to customize a phone.

6. Wolfedude88

Well considering no one outside of forums even know this exist yet, lol.

I think most people like it but just think it is a little overpriced.

7. Sandroidfan

You will be happy with battery life of X then, especially if you are coming from Rezound. In fact pretty much any phone with Qualcomm S4 series chip that came after rezound got quantum leap on battery life on 4G/LTE. My Razr HD with S4 chip, 2530mAh can go two days of light usage easily.

Even if it's close to GS3, it's not bad at all. But I was expecting a bit better after seeing Engadget's report.

8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Wolfedude88 likes this.
  9. Cronis

Cronis Android Enthusiast

This is not so much a review but an interview Cnet did with one of the Motorola engineers... some really excellent points about the tech being used a lot of which EarlyMon as pointed out as well.

Top Motorola engineer defends Moto X specs (Q&A) | Mobile - CNET News

The only part I dont really care for is his defense of the low memory and no expandable storage, he really seems to avoid the question more then anything.

10. Thats

Thats That guy is This

11. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Any more?? Anxiously waiting Phil's review from Android Central, I think it may be coming out today.

12. Wolfedude88

Yeah I have been waiting to read it as well.

13. swantonbomboy

swantonbomboy Member

14. Sandroidfan

GSMarena review.

Motorola Moto X review: Talk to me - GSMArena.com

They seem to be impressed with moto x camera. Similar to GS4 in detail/sharpness but less noise. But I don't see that from samples in anandtech review. I guess there is some QC issue with camera in early batch, so it varies between reviewers a lot.

15. Crewville96

Crewville96 Member

Or GSMarena didn't do many lowlight shots is the more likely scenario. They only took two ffs. Every pic I've seen from the Moto X in a bar or restaurant has been horrible (reminds me very much of my Maxx HD :().

Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2200mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews