1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Official Motorola Atrix Review Thread!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by atlbuc, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

1. Scholar

Scholar Newbie

Thank you for the post! Great read while in school :D

Thought my decision to go Atrix and Android couldn't get more sure.. but it certainly does. Selling the iPhone 4 Friday, prepaying for the Atrix Sunday! Hope AT&T works with me and lets me borrow a phone in the meantime.

2. zizo79

zizo79 Android Enthusiast

I wish they would have included a speed test..

3. atlbuc

atlbuc Android Enthusiast

Yea they were a little vague but still good info, waiting on more reviews to come in.

4. youareme7

youareme7 Well-Known Member

jroc likes this.
  5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Thanks atlbuc, this will wet my appetite for my Atrix reading. I want more though! I don't think I've been this excited since I learnt of Android 1.5 years ago.

6. atlbuc

I know what you mean, waiting on some video reviews. I almost lost hope of reviews hitting today.

7. Roze

:mad::mad::mad: I'm sooo not liking Endgaget right now. WHAT A TEASE!!! :mad::mad::mad:

8. atlbuc

I know but they are pretty good with including videos in their reviews

9. Roze

*grumble* what review?

10. atlbuc

Yea I know. Hopefully its up by the time I get home. :(

11. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

Hey - at least they are going to give it enough time to do a full review and not just a glorified unboxing like so many of these are.

Trust me - it will be worth the wait.

12. atlbuc

As someone who will be getting the laptop dock, I'm glad to hear the keyboard is backlit.

13. Roze

BGR:
    Bare bone minimum it seems.

So..I wonder if you can make the 'android phone screen' on the laptop dock bigger when you're using the apps in there? I wonder how well using apps like documents to go is for taking notes.

14. nemesiz

nemesiz Newbie

CNET had this line in their review ;) ,

15. atlbuc

One of the reviews said he opened Quick Office full screen just fine. I'm not expecting the dock to replace my laptop but I think if I could work in Quick Office or Docs to Go full screen plus having Google Docs I'll be just fine

16. atlbuc

Yea it kills me when the Inspire guys say there wont be any speed differences between the Atrix and the Inspire.

17. ECdOc

ECdOc Member

Sweet, I'll be reading up on this thread.

18. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

Yes - that is really nice. A surprise. Must be why they think it is worth $500!

19. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

for basic tasks there may not be much difference...but starting running lots of simultaneous applications and the Atrix will pull ahead. That is where it will shine. The Atrix is a dedicated multitasking machine with the dual cores and 1GHz of DDR2 RAM.

20. zizo79

zizo79 Android Enthusiast

hmmm: "We didn't experience great HSPA+ 4G data speeds" by Cnet

21. youareme7

youareme7 Well-Known Member

Did you guys also see in the CNET review that they said you can uninstall the AT&T pre-loaded apps as well as that blockbuster crap? That is good to see!

22. atlbuc

Well seeing as my new $1300 MBA doesn't have one, I welcome the addition. This is an underrated feature in laptops.

23. atlbuc

Great to hear

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews