• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

saw an INcredible commercial... no X though....

Any thoughts on where to stay posted tomorrow? Where to lurk and hang out and wait for news. What time is the annoucemnt supposed to be?

For leaks it typically is places like Phandroid/Android Forums, Droid Life, etc.

For official announcements and early hands-on stuff it's almost always the much larger sites like Engadget. My eyes will be on all 3 with a focus on Engadget. We can let them have one day in the spotlight right? lol

Upvote 0
Yeah, i would say Engadget, but i will dig up stuff to post links and such as i get more info tommorow on live blogs and what not

But just check:

Phandroid
Engadget
Cnet
Android Central
Follow @verizonwireless

Did you guys catch this, there is a new twitter account called @droidxlanding

First tweet was 10hrs ago:
we are so sorry, guys! Our old account was hacked by some idiots! This is our new account. Please do not follow the other account anymore.

I am suspicious, it has only 2 followers though

Upvote 0
Did you guys catch this, there is a new twitter account called @droidxlanding

First tweet was 10hrs ago:
we are so sorry, guys! Our old account was hacked by some idiots! This is our new account. Please do not follow the other account anymore.

I am suspicious, it has only 2 followers though

I don't buy it.
1. The new account using "web" instead of "hootsuite".
2. The original DroidLanding is still using hootsuite and hasn't posted anything strange.
3. Two of the posts are out of character (the 1st and 3rd). The first post doesn't read like something Verizon/Motorola would post at all. "They confirmed" also sounds like admitting the author isn't connected to the project.

But then again my brain might just be in in some sort of clues starved, puzzle solving, overload mode right now.

Upvote 0
Hey Guys.. Its been a little while.. Announcement today should be good. If there are any questions after the press conference , ill be checking here. I think I know most of what will be announced. After a couple of weeks with the X, im positive I will make it my primary phone after its launched. Size becomes only a factor when other people see it. When its alone in your hand or used for tasks like email or web browsing, its very comfortable. You forget how large the device is compared to devices like the incredible or iphone until someone meantions it. Ive traveled with it and many have asked about it. Its a eye catcher due to the beautiful screen. 720p video is pretty impressive and have copied the files over to pc for playback. I have yet to get my hands on an HDMI TypeD cable to test the video out. Hopefully within the week i can find one.

I kinda took a back seat to the many leaks over the last couple weeks as there were def other devices making their way out into public and didnt want to keep too much attention on me.

Always Mad.... Always Digital....

Upvote 0
Hey Guys.. Its been a little while.. Announcement today should be good. If there are any questions after the press conference , ill be checking here. I think I know most of what will be announced. After a couple of weeks with the X, im positive I will make it my primary phone after its launched. Size becomes only a factor when other people see it. When its alone in your hand or used for tasks like email or web browsing, its very comfortable. You forget how large the device is compared to devices like the incredible or iphone until someone meantions it. Ive traveled with it and many have asked about it. Its a eye catcher due to the beautiful screen. 720p video is pretty impressive and have copied the files over to pc for playback. I have yet to get my hands on an HDMI TypeD cable to test the video out. Hopefully within the week i can find one.

I kinda took a back seat to the many leaks over the last couple weeks as there were def other devices making their way out into public and didnt want to keep too much attention on me.

Always Mad.... Always Digital....

thanks all late and everything! joking :)
but the one thing u said helped the most "Size becomes only a factor when other people see it. " so it seems like its definitely noticeable!
cant wait cause, i honestly think people dont want to go THAT big. so my incredible will definitely sell fast and it`ll be alot of X`s available :D

Upvote 0
These tweets are getting ridiculous. I'm afraid to leave my home in fear that the Droid X will go on presale and I'll miss out.
Seriously? It's not an iPhone. It's not like they're going to sell all stock through pre-orders in a matter of hours.

It's a phone, man.
worthless complaint
Valid Complaint.

We all know the Twitter account is there. It's viral marketing and it isn't going to tell us a whole lot that we don't already know. Posting about new tweets here, especially ones of new value, is pretty annoying.

A pre-release thread should be all about new info.

Upvote 0
Seriously? It's not an iPhone. It's not like they're going to sell all stock through pre-orders in a matter of hours.

It's a phone, man.

Totally serious. Droid Incredible-sold out for over a month and a half. HTC EVO- sold out consistently since launching last month. Droid X- will be sold out for the first month as well. It's my first smartphone after trying the awful BB Storm 1 when it launched. It's not just a phone for me. It's years of patient waiting for a proper scheduling system, multitasking software in my hands to help me with my business while out of the office, it's GPS navigation that actually works and is up to date since I suck with directions. Oh yes, I'm excited for this "phone" and I've been waiting for the right one my friend. To each his own. Screw the iphone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones