• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Official: Need a Developer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no great coder, and I haven't even looked at the SDK yet, but I would definitely like to help. I've been wanting to get "back into" coding, but I can never think up an application to write that I can't find one a million times bettter already online.

I'm not really willing to commit a fixed amount of time to this, so I would do it on more of a volunteer basis.

If you're still interested in getting my help, PM me and we can discuss it further.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My company is looking for a developer to create our application for the Android Challenge II.

Seeking a responsible/qualified candidate to carryout this project to completion. Must be willing to work for only for a share of the potential prize monies.

We have a strong marketable product with an entire business plan and marketing concept which will be used by millions.

For more details please see our model website located at www.pocketsalestracker.com. Click on the View Mobile Layout for a simulation of the application.

There may be an opportunity to become a percentage owner in the company as well.

For more information please contact Tom at tomdolson@cs.com.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm going to cut the beast off at the pass. This thread is for all requests for a developer.

I'll try to merge any that don't get posted here, but please use this thread if you are looking for a code monkey.

CODE MONKEYS: Please quote the requester when you respond that way everyone knows who you are interested in talking with. You may also send them a private message if you want to avoid public discourse.

REMEMBER: "Code Monkey likes Tab and Mountain Dew." --Jonathan Coulton

Upvote 0
Hi all,

We are a developing team in Android from India. We are looking for some projects and porting of applications from any mobile OS to android. So if any one wants to develop the application or anyone having ideas about some classy applications, please feel free to contact in this id gunaztar@gmail.com... We are the team of 4 members fully dedicated to android. Our team is about to launch by mid of this month. Also we are looking for developers in android too(2 more)....

Thanks,
guna

Upvote 0
Hi, I've got a great idea for an app which after taking a poll, I believe 1 in 4 of every android owner would download (which is A LOT when you count it).
As per me having zero experience in the field of developlent, I am in need of programmer that can work with basic code utilizing GPS and map marking. The idea is rather simple and I believe it would be relativly easy to make and I'm very shocked nobody has released anything remotely like my idea as far as I've found.

If you are interested, then please shoot me an email to

Jeffmeansbusiness@gmail.com

I want to know your skills and what of the final cut percentage you would be looking for...

The best deal for me is the deal I'm going to take!

Serious inquiries only, and a contract will be in effect.

Please email me ASAP so we can get the app on the market as soon as paid apps goes online, PEOPLE WILL BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

Upvote 0
Hi there,

If you are a Indian working abroad developing solutions on the Android Platform then the best job awaits you back home...in one the World's Top-3 Mobile Phone Manufacturer Company for its Software R&D Arm.

If interested, email me your CV to resume@einfohires.com, we are a premier consulting partner of this premier organization.

Cya soon back home

Regards,
Strategic Solutions Staffing Team
einfohires India Inc.,
www.einfohires.com

Upvote 0
Looking for a developer for designing an application that would retrieve information posted to the web by a device.

Eventually it will actually have the capacity to go two way to control the device.

Now to give more background on what it is.

I am a Saltwater reef enthusiast and one of the products out there developed by Digital Aquatics is the Reefkeeper.

It is a computer that controls the lighting, timers, pumps, Everything! It also has sensors. Currently the net capable ones are able to post information about the tank as shown below.
rc_Trevor_sig.png

I would like to find someone to first design a Free program that will supply the same information to a program on android. This will build the user base so as the Net capable units continue to get upgraded and the capacity of what it can do, such a two way support you can then charge whatever you want in version 2.0 ETC.

There is a developers forum from Digital aquatics that you can post on to request guidance if needed or to communicate your plans with.
Digital Aquatics Forum • View forum - Software

I am not affiliated with them in anyway, I just request that I get a free copy when all is said and done :)
Enjoy and be successful!

Upvote 0
I am a developer and designer. I have lots of expiernce with lots of language c, c++, java etc. i pretty much can understand any programming language i love programming in group and stuff( i dont like programming alone get boring) plus i like people that can keep me focus i will join pretty much any project i just like programming for the hell of it message me or hit up my email basketballdeon@gmail.com.

Upvote 0
I'm a quiet experienced Java developer and I want to start developing Android applications. I'm looking for some practice project to get familiar with Android API. I've already waded through the API documentation (Fundamentals, UI, etc.) and read some tutorials.

If somebody needs some programer to develop a simpler application I'd offer my help. It would be a good practice for me. I can't offer more than a couple hours per day, since I have a job.

Upvote 0
Hey, I'm speaking on the behalf of our cooperative CHAOSDIVISION and we plan on debuting a game for the android platform this fall, however problems with our current coder has meant that we have not been able to enter for ADC2 or meet our schedule so we are looking for a talented Java programmer who's passionate in what they do and has an interested in Android games. This job is for someone to code with another developer or alone preferably with previous experience or knowledge in video game programming, although we would prefer someone that has a starting knowledge of Java and is passionate about working in a collaborative project. You also need to have enough free time between now and the beginning of October to complete the coding required, if you would like anymore information about us or the job than feel free to PM me, you can also visit our website at www.chaosdivision.net although it isn't finished yet.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I'm an interface designer that has experience with designing interfaces for the XBMC media center, Plex media center and I'm currently working on a new interface for an Android app.

I'm currently in the market for more design work, so if you're a coder or a developer that has a product requiring an interface then please get in touch.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm an Admin (MikLSP) from a large forum and blog over at se-nse.net which is currently Sony Ericsson based but expanding towards Android, particularly with the run up to the release of SE's first Android handset.

We are currently looking to create an Android app for the site through community based contribution. If you think you'd be interested in joining the community and/or helping us build our application, please head over to the site where there's a little more information and also a Developer group with private development forum sections :)

Cheers and hope to see some of you over there :)

Mik

Upvote 0
I am looking for 2-3 people to help develop apps for the Android. As of now since I am still new to the OS and programming for it I was looking to port a Chemistry Conversion Java program I already have made to the Android OS (just to get my "feet" wet). Then of course I am looking to dig much deeper into the OS.

Contacts:
Email: steven@s-berger.com
Xfire: nygiantfan101
MSN: nygiantfan101@hotmail.com
Steam: porky101

Or you can just send me a PM.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
I am operating a super fast & reliable SMS interface which can be called via an API using a simple HTTP call. I'd LOVE to team up with a developer who is able to create a simple app for sending SMS (simple compose interface, use phone's contacts) by pushing out a HTTP call.

Should be rather simple, I've done that in Python before but no clue on how to start for Android. Non-commercial project but I'd be willing to pay some bucks or provide tons of free messages. Hit me up by private message :)

Thanks,

Smithers

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones