• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Nexus 2 Discussion

Well, now we know that for 100% you won't be getting the NS :p lol

I prefer the trackball notification to the LED notification tbh. I find the LED kind of small and not that noticable, lol. It's more like, 'see trackball blink like crazy means I check my phone'. I think I have magenta as my MSN app.

The clearpad2000 is a big disapointment I have with my phone. If it wasn't for that, our Nexus wouldn't be considered as 'outdated' :( Second would be low internal memory, lol.

I use my N1 for everything, including music (even though apples music app completely blows the N1 out of the water). I believe that we will soon see an updated music app that will align with goggles online music service. I am hoping that we haven't seen it yet because it's going to be completely awesome.

My bad Roze I meant to say the track ball notification, that is what I use.

Upvote 0
I was behind someone in CPW Canary Wharf this morning buying one, .

Oh, I was in 2 CPW shops during the week (on Mon & Wed) - just wanted to have a poke at the NS out of curiosity - but neither had one on display.

Ok, so they weren't "flagship" type stores and I do live in the Frozen North but no wonder sales are low!

Upvote 0
Just had a VERY quick play in the shop. Didn't notice any difference in operation of it - screen, speed etc, but given time maybe it would have become apparant.

Didn't like the shiny, black appearance of the casing - much prefer the Nexus One's look. (Tho not so cool that HTC decided to make a series of "lookalikes" - Desire, Wildfire and so on :mad:)

For me, Nexus S is too chunky; I was surprised - I'd read the spec and thought the extra few millimetres here and there wouldn't be significant; when I researched the Nexus One one of the important features was that it was, I dunno, more streamlined (?) than other smartphones, and the Nexus S apperars to be just ANother.

So, all in all, can't say that I'd "upgrade" from my beloved NexusOne.... but... if I didn't already have this then I'd probably go for it - it wasn't as bad as my comments suggest! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones