• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Ordered/I've got mine thread. :)

Are you going to buy the nexus 6?

• Yes! Take my money! (Off- Contract)

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Yes! With carrier subsidy/payment plan

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • No - Was going to buy, but now out of my price range

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • No- Was not going to buy

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters
Yeah I'm hoping they had to cut corners on cost/QA somehow there and the N6 won't suffer anything like that.

It just seems like Nexus has become synonymous with "more hw defects than flagship phones". No phone is without its minor flaws, but I'm thinking back to the gnex and the fact that it took me 4 devices to get one that didn't have horrible plaid banding or a radio that died 10x a day. My N7 2012 was great, no issues there. So just unlucky with the gnex I guess, though the two N5's I had both had the vibration motor defect.

Hopefully it'll be fine. :D

That was then, this is now.

I bought SIX Nexus 5 models at the request of family members, each of them so impressed with my Nexus 5, they asked me to buy them one to replace their iPhone 5S models.

Now one year later, we're still enjoying these trouble free N5's. Next up for us? A half dozen Nexus 6's :D

Upvote 0
That was then, this is now.

I bought SIX Nexus 5 models at the request of family members, each of them so impressed with my Nexus 5, they asked me to buy them one to replace their iPhone 5S models.

Now one year later, we're still enjoying these trouble free N5's. Next up for us? A half dozen Nexus 6's :D

6!?

I hope they chip in or you have a very well paying job! :)

Upvote 0
Got my order in for a 64gb in Midnight Blue!

Knowing what time the orders came up last week, I decided to hold off on going home for lunch (didn't want them to come up while I was in the car). Had Page Monitor all set up and ready to go. Right on schedule, some of the 32gb models started getting dinged in PM, so when the 64gb blue model came up I immediately refreshed the order page (which I already had opened), added to my cart, and then quickly checked out. I already had all my credit card and shipping info with Google, so it was just a matter of selecting the shipping address, and choosing the ship method (I just went standard delivery) and hit the "order" button. Luckily, it all worked out for me and I was able to snag the exact model I wanted.

It says that it'll leave the warehouse in 2 to 3 weeks, but I'm really not worried about that part; I was mostly just concerned about getting it from Google directly. Now I don't have to have a portion of my life revolving around monitoring the Play store page for updates! ;)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
To everyone who is still looking to get one, just keep refreshing the page. Stock is coming in and out. Keep your cursor on the button ready to click as soon as it changes to "add to cart" - and as soon as it changes, add to cart and immediately, click checkout.

I just got my 64GB White (after missing out twice because I didn't checkout in 1 second - and it vanished from my cart)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones