• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Ordered/I've got mine thread. :)

Are you going to buy the nexus 6?

• Yes! Take my money! (Off- Contract)

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Yes! With carrier subsidy/payment plan

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • No - Was going to buy, but now out of my price range

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • No- Was not going to buy

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters
I want a 64 as well. I wonder those will start getting stocked?
I wonder as well. It seems that currently they only have info on the 32GB model. A copy of my chat from tonight on the AT&T site; I've redacted the name of the rep as there's no reason to post his/her info here:

General Info
Chat start time Nov 11, 2014 8:28:16 PM EST
Chat end time Nov 11, 2014 8:42:53 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:14:36
Operator XXX
Chat Transcript
info: AT&T sales representatives are happy to assist you with your questions. AT&T sales representatives will not have access to your personal account. This service is provided to you under AT&Ts Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
info: You are now chatting with XXX, an AT&T sales representative.
Karl: I wanted to confirm that the Nexus 6 goes on sale tomorrow at AT&T.
XXX: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I help you with placing your order today?
XXX: There are taking preorders for the Nexus 6 tomorrow.
Karl: At what time will the preorders start?
XXX: It doesn't have a specific time. Just states on 11/12.
Karl: What is the pricing going to be?
XXX: There are some options. The Next plan that you can pay for the device in installments the prices go for Next 12: $34.15 , Next 18: $28.46, and the Next 24: $22.77.
XXX: We also have the 2 year contract and the device would be $249.99. Or the no commitment for $682.99
Karl: Is that for the 32GB version? What about the 64GB?
XXX: Let me check that for you.
XXX: http://http://about.att.com/story/a...or_the_nexus_6_with_android_5_0_lollipop.html
XXX: I have provided you with a link about the preorder for the Nexus 6. I am still looking into the versions for you.
Karl: OK, yeah, don't see anything on that link for the 64GB - seems like only the 32GB at this time
XXX: Yes I was just about to say the same thing. Looks like a very nice device.
Karl: OK, guess i will wait until there's info about the 64GB version. Thank you for providing straight answers to all of my questions.
Karl: I don't have any more questions at this time, thank you for your help.
XXX: You are very welcome is there anything else that I could help with today?
Karl: No, thank you again and have a good day/evening.
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to karlhuf@gmail.com at the end of your chat.
XXX: Have a good evening too.

Upvote 0
After an hour+ of jerking around with AT&T Premier and 2 different chat reps, 32GB Blue Nexus 6 ordered and expected to ship on or about 11/18.

Kept getting an error code when going through the premier buying process. Complete BS that Premier CS was closed.

You're rolling out a new product, sorry people should be working.

2nd chat guy felt terrible cause he couldn't do the order for me.

Know why? IT'S NOT IN THEIR SYSTEM YET?? REALLY!?!?!?!?

AT&T is getting a complaint letter from me. Should NEVER take a hour plus to preorder a device.

But its done, confirmation email received. Now I wait.....

Is it here yet Daddy?

Lol!

Upvote 0
Well I'm confused. Demos or no demos? Are we pushing the whole thing back a week? All I want is to see one, hold it in my hands and decide if I want a phone this big. Sheesh why such a hassle?

twas my plan the whole time. go to a Tmo store and actually get my own hands on but Im confused as a horse eating frozen yogurt and cheetos now...

Upvote 0
Well I'm confused. Demos or no demos? Are we pushing the whole thing back a week? All I want is to see one, hold it in my hands and decide if I want a phone this big. Sheesh why such a hassle?

If you must, my suggestion - go to the store, and hold the Note 3 or 4 in your hands. It is pretty close (not identical though)

Nexus 6 - 160mm/83mm/10.1mm
Note 4 - 154mm/79mm/8.5mm

Upvote 0
If you must, my suggestion - go to the store, and hold the Note 3 or 4 in your hands. It is pretty close (not identical though)

not the same because both the note and iphone6+ has huge foreheads and chins (wasted space), whereas the Nexu6 has a complete glass, totally functional top, which can/will effect placement in the hand...

Upvote 0

I have held and pocketed a note 4, lg gflex, and the jumbo HTC one (maxx?) They all work and though big would be ok. All that aside they are not the nexus 6 and until I see one in person I can't make an educated decision and therefore would not feel good about ponying up my hard earned money ($700 of it) for something I am not 100% on.

If I didn't think it was possible I'd have bought a Moto X 2014 by now. (Read that as I am at like 90% that I will pony that money up for a nexus.) :D

That's the key to my impatience, I just want to see it, if I like it I will wait for delivery and all that no big deal. If I don't like it well I still have a week or so to wait for a new moto x so I am just burning days here if I do indeed decide I don't like the size of the nexus. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Also, look at the iPhone 6+ - it has the same "tall" format as the Nex6, and is within a mm or 2 in size. Nex6 has smaller bezels , though, to fit the bigger screen.

Nex 6 is a quarter of an inch bigger than the Note, height and width. Note already seems big to me, I am still wondering about the Nex6. the iP6+ seems do-able for pocketing, though. So I am gonna give it a shot. I really want another Nexus device, every since I drowned my last Gnex.

Upvote 0
I've read some comparisons stating that the Nexus 6 is far easier to grasp than a Note or iPhone 6+ because those two have flat backs and thick sides. The Nexus 6 is like the Moto X with its contoured back that tapers down to thin comfortable sides. They say that makes it feel smaller than it is.

I am very much hoping this is the case. Again, why I am waiting to pass final judgement.

Upvote 0
I've read some comparisons stating that the Nexus 6 is far easier to grasp than a Note or iPhone 6+ because those two have flat backs and thick sides. The Nexus 6 is like the Moto X with its contoured back that tapers down to thin comfortable sides. They say that makes it feel smaller than it is.

I was gonna add that to my previous post..!

Upvote 0
Paralysis of Analysis... :)

No not really. I am quite ready to move. I just work hard for my money (don't start singing the song) I don't normally buy phones off contract, I have never owned a Nexus device, and when the new Moto X came out I had some question as to if IT would be too big. So going to a 6 inch screen is quite a jump from my 4.8 original moto x. I don't want to buy a phone I can't live with for a while. I'm hoping if I do in fact like the nexus that I will be using it for a couple of years, maybe longer, until the next major shift of technology. Just like to be sure when I am throwing money around. If they had come out with a 5.2 inch nexus 6 with the same specs, I'd be all in. I'd be drooling, I'd be .... well like everyone else here .... trying desperately to get google or moto to TAKE MY MONEY!!!
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones