1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Official] Ordered/I've got mine thread. :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marctronixx, Nov 17, 2013.

?

Are you going to buy the nexus 6?

1. Yes! Take my money! (Off- Contract)

30 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes! With carrier subsidy/payment plan

17 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. No - Was going to buy, but now out of my price range

29 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. No- Was not going to buy

16 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Undecided

13 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. thisISjoel

thisISjoel Android Enthusiast

Grab a 2014 moto x :D

2. zipred

zipred Android Expert

I agree that's a great phone.

3. Yes,day 1 buyer. A beast of a phone!

4. zipred

zipred Android Expert

I've had quite a few phones, this is by far the most exciting phone in a long time. Configuration is ideal for me.

5. jaj324

jaj324 Android Enthusiast

Buying it, buying it, buying it!!!!

6. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

not at that price and not at that massive shoe box screen size.

7. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

To be clear, if I had $650 I could afford to be frivolous with, I would be at the head of the line. I don't and there is nothing wrong with my Nexus 5. ;)

8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Guess I hadn't been following this Nexus release as closely as past ones. So yeah with a 6" screen in play, I'm out. Well that was easy. Saved me having to overthink this for the next few weeks like I usually do. :D

9. zipred

zipred Android Expert

Although I've had my Nexus 5 since the day after they were released... True.. I ordered FedEx overnight, and used it very heavily, this is one very impressive phone.

It's the only smartphone I've had for a year and continue to appreciate it more each day. In fact it's a keeper, there's no way I'm selling this exemplary phone.

My Nexus 6 will be a great companion phone.

10. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

As a Verizon customer, yes, buying even though I'm not thrilled about the size.

The price is justified for a more premium experience. People want their cake and to eat it, too. But this is device with premium specs and looks to have premium build quality as well. I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally intended as an "Android Silver" device, though that's all conjecture.

But to review (at least from a Verizon customer perspective relative the the gnex experience):

- higher price should hopefully also mean better build quality
    - the gnex radio/antenna design was trash. moto excels at radios and reception (woot!)
    - updates: there's only one US version so no gnex rigmarole on updates
    - unlocked device I can play with and root/ROM/etc on Verizon without hacks like Loki/etc, yes!

Just happy to have a VZW Nexus that (for all appearances) will be a REAL nexus this time around. Not happy with the size, but even with my small-to-medium sized hands, I expect I'll get used to it.

11. ecy5maa

ecy5maa Lurker

Will definitely buy it. But probably not on launch date like I did with the nexus 5 from the play store, so maybe somewhere around March next year from a retailer when the prices have dropped a bit.

12. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

From what I've read that was a mistake, not a leak, the picture was a LG G3 Vigor, and AT&T currently sells the Vigor for $49. Also $600 off for a new phone is pretty high for a contract discount, I'd guess $199 with a two year contract, but $49 would be nice :)

UPDATE - AT&T has the Nexus 6 for $249.99 with a two year contract or $682.99 without a contract. Or with AT&T Next it's $22.77 for 24 months.

KOLIO likes this.
  13. Torrid

Torrid Android Enthusiast

I have been trying to figure which way I'm going to go: Edge or this. Honestly, I'm a little tired of Samsung and Verizon (Currently, S4 on Verizon). Because of Verizon's stupidity with the N7, my tablet is on AT&T. I could easily add a phone to that plan. Additionally, I'm up for an upgrade with Verizon, so I have options. It's Samsumg's move in my book, but they better not wait too long, or I'll go N6.

I'm just really hoping that although the specs are great, I want to know how people's real world usage is like. I'm also hoping the Edge isn't a risk taking mess.

Another thing I really have to consider is, I have a Fitbit Flex. Works great on my S4; don't know if it will on N6...doubt it will.

14. halon

halon hakuna matata

After saying Verizon will get a nexus again the past 2 years and everyone laughing at me.... Today was a great day!

I'm getting it. However, that Z3v has me interested. I am a Sony fanboy.... 4k TV, PS4, 3D bluray player.

zipred likes this.
  15. dalegg

dalegg Newbie

I have a Samsung Note 3 and I love everything about the phone except the radios. I live in an area where Verizon has lousy coverage and I have a lot of break up phone audio and dropped calls. I have had two Motorola phones previously and never had any of those problems with those phones. Verizon said I should spend $175 on their network extender because they had no intention of installing any more cell towers in my area. So, I bought the network extender and it seemed to improved it some but not enough to be reliable.
    I love the replaceable battery on the Note 3 but I will give it up to have a Motorola phone again with decent radios.

16. zipred

zipred Android Expert

Motorola does have exceptional radio performance. I have no issues with any of my current phones, but knowing my upcoming Nexus 6 will be a Motorola product is a great feeling.

17. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

Yep, I'm cautiously optimistic :)

My S4 in the same house as a friend with a Razr was night and day. He had faster speeds, better signal, and less battery drain (marginal area at the time prior to a tower being lit up).

zipred likes this.
  18. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I think the price is OK for what you're getting. It's half the price of an iPhone 6+, for more smart-phone. I assume that is an unsubsidised price, because do pay similar amounts for other high-specced flagship devices, like Samsungs.

19. jaj324

It will not be $199. $49 is the correct price for a 649 phone.

20. jaj324

It is not 1/2 the price of an iPhone 6+, it is $100 less than the 16gb iPhone 6+.

21. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That's in the US though isn't it? Academic for me really, because I can't actually buy a Nexus here, with Google being illegal and banned.

22. rizzer

rizzer Newbie

no it isn't, the off contract price is not directly related t on contract prices, lg g3is $579 @ att but $199 on contract just as an example

23. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The ATT website "snafu" was just placeholder images and information. I do not forsee this going for $50 on contract. I would expect the typical $200

24. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Well-Known Member

I would have considered it if it was smaller, but not thrilled about the size.

25. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Yeah, it's pretty large. I'm surprised they didn't also have the rumored 5.2 inch version due to it's phablet size footprint.

Nexus 6 Forum

The Nexus 6 release date was November 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.96" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

November 2014
Release Date
Reviews