• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official OTA First Impressions Thread (non-rooted stock)***

non-rooted and stock but I didnt do it via OTA.. am I allowed to share how pleased I am with the new GB? Design is great! Love it except for the feminine text message theme and the light shade distinction between read and unread emails is practically impossible to see, and Im a teen with good eyes!

Upvote 0
I'm getting used to the looks but I do like the black notification bar. I have the annoying syncing icon permanently lit which bugs me, but what annoys me worse is I'll probably have to wipe the damn phone to get rid of it.

Otherwise the phone seems to be running smooth with no other hiccups. I'll have to see how the battery life is over the next few days but suspect the syncing issue will diminish it.

Upvote 0
I don't do "new" very well, so it's going to take some getting used to. It seems a little laggy to me, but maybe after it's restarted a couple of times it will speed up. I had my froyo rooted with Z4, but unrooted for the OTA. If I root this, it will only be if someone comes up with another idiot proof (because I'm a techno idiot) method like Z4. If not, then it'll be stock for me.

Upvote 0
Soo far I'm liking GB. With froyo i had LPP but was looking for a change, so luckily I got GB today and got rid of LPP for now.

I have however noticed that with Handcent I am no longer getting a LED blink when I receive a text, and it seems like none with an email as well. This is quite annoying >.< I really liked having different colors for my notifications and now it seems that I don't have an LED at all...

Is anyone else having issues with this?

I also am loving the black notification bar, it looks very sleek and beautiful. Then new home bar is weird to me, but I also had a custom one set up with LPP.

Guess I'll have to wait and see how long it takes me to switch back to LPP or try a new launcher.

Upvote 0
Soo far I'm liking GB. With froyo i had LPP but was looking for a change, so luckily I got GB today and got rid of LPP for now.

I have however noticed that with Handcent I am no longer getting a LED blink when I receive a text, and it seems like none with an email as well. This is quite annoying >.< I really liked having different colors for my notifications and now it seems that I don't have an LED at all...

Is anyone else having issues with this?
To fix this go into handcent settings>notification settings>LED flash frequency> and change it from default to your preference of choice. I prefer custom time on:1000 time off:0 (always on)

Upvote 0
I just installed the OTA update and so far it looks good...(less than an hour using it)

Unlike some...

It seems less laggy for me. I am using LPP and with Froyo, LPP seemed to lag every once in a while, now it seems smoother than in the past.

The only issue I had from the update was that the stock email app shortcut (which I have sync'd to my work email) did not work from the launch screen, but I just deleted that icon and made a new shortcut and all was fine...

So far so good...for me.

Upvote 0
I just installed the OTA update and so far it looks good...(less than an hour using it)

Unlike some...

It seems less laggy for me. I am using LPP and with Froyo, LPP seemed to lag every once in a while, now it seems smoother than in the past.

The only issue I had from the update was that the stock email app shortcut (which I have sync'd to my work email) did not work from the launch screen, but I just deleted that icon and made a new shortcut and all was fine...

So far so good...for me.

Switched back and forth between LPP and ADW Ex this morning. ADW runs smoother for me. And the auto wrap around for the screens is much more seemless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones