1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Official] OTA Update thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boricuakiller, Jul 9, 2013.

1. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Android Expert

Still waiting for ota

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. boricuakiller

3. TehJibba

TehJibba Android Enthusiast

boricuakiller if you are truly in puerto rico .... you will likely be waiting a lot longer :p

4. boricuakiller

in not in pr i live in boston mass i was ovethere a week a go

5. Smoovefan1104

Smoovefan1104 Member

i still havent gotten it yet i live in connecticut

boricuakiller likes this.
  6. TehJibba

Have either of you guys tried forcing the update more then once? if it doesnt show it right off just keep repeating the steps to force the update till you get it. i had to do it for a couple hours before it took

7. Smoovefan1104

Smoovefan1104 Member

how do i force the update?

8. TehJibba

1. Go to settings > apps > all > Google Services Frameworks
    2. Clear data and Force Stop Google Services Framework
    3. Go to settings > system update > Update ZTE software
    4. Get the update!

IOWA likes this.
  9. Hdjc28

Hdjc28 Member

I've been trying since yesterday. No luck yet either. Live in Evansville, Indiana :-(

10. Smoovefan1104

Smoovefan1104 Member

it says i do not have google services frameworks

11. Smoovefan1104

Smoovefan1104 Member

oh sorry i didnt see all in the apps

12. boricuakiller

dont work for me arrgggggg

13. TehJibba

If you dont get the update the first time you try it you will need to repeat the whole process til it takes. it can take a while till it actually forces it

IOWA and Hdjc28 like this.
  14. Robertech

Robertech Android Enthusiast

people, people, it can take dozens of tries to get the update

Hdjc28 likes this.
  15. boricuakiller

i been doing that for hours ima use super ics partititon zip with the zip the zte recognize and i can do and update 270.71 mbps big i guess is bo9

16. timghorton

timghorton Member

I am just curious, has anyone in the minneapolis minnesota area gotten it yet?

17. boricuakiller

can some post if aviable the ota update b11 jb with out any mod full stock no root
    i want to do everything from beggining i dont want to take a shorcut thanks in advance

18. DimBulb

DimBulb Android Enthusiast

I was just going to post up my "problems", and there's this question staring at me. I'm in Minneapolis MN. Downtown in fact.

No, I have not got upgraded. Sounds like another local person with no OTA either?

I've run into a weird snag, unexpected, on top of not getting the OTA.
    I'm using this methods advice:
    http://androidforums.com/warp-seque...8582-guide-n00b-friendly-ota-jb-updating.html

Correction:

So initially I thought Titanium Backup, had sprung a leak or gotten confused, noooo, this process (above), had broken root.

Thanks to Junkies tool, and fiddling around within settings/developer options/USB Debugging, (turned on/than turned off/ than on, as his tool advises), re-rooted the phone. Easy as everyone has been saying.

I continue to go into settings/ all/ apps/Google Services Framework, and clear data, than force stop ... than settings/System Updates/Update PRL ... than Update ZTE Software.

But this is not calling up the OTA Update, here in Minneapolis MN.

19. D34DBre4kr

D34DBre4kr Android Enthusiast

Dude there are atleast 6 different posts about that. look at the all things root and look at it

20. DimBulb

And, thought to try the procedure one more time, before starting a movie, and there's the update notification "System Software Update B11" .... 192.2 MB

Probably going to take 30 minutes or so. it's 9:pM in Minneapolis.

Roll out must be according to some plan, area by area?

21. timghorton

timghorton Member

I just did the clear google frameworks and then stop and did zte update and it popped up.

22. DimBulb

I followed the directs as I stated above, but the upgrade failed.

So, it was touch and go for a while, I can't see the use in Factory Reset, wipe user data, before upgrade to JB, so this time I'm going to try again, (after reinstalling, re-rooting stock b09),without that.

Did get a copy over to the SD card, so that I'll move back to the (now) wiped cache.

23. boricuakiller

today i got my update 3:15 in the morning yeah

24. DimBulb

You waited long enough. You got any hair left?

I hope it works right out of the box for you.

Turns out this update has some real wild ride's in store for people, and it makes demands on your time. I'm going to try installing again today.

You know, it's not hard to imagine, Warp Sequents, coming from different factories last fall, each very slightly differing, needing the ZTE people to address Factory A's phone, one way, then Factory B's another way, to account for production flaw's.

Maybe that's why there's been so much "holy terror at the failures", right next to the "easy smooth flow of success", for different folks.

25. amcintron92

amcintron92 Lurker

From Puerto Rico here.
    Just got the OTA update. I cleared the google services data, forced closed it and got the update from 1 try.

Attached Files:

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews