• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Official] OTA Update thread

I am just curious, has anyone in the minneapolis minnesota area gotten it yet?

I was just going to post up my "problems", and there's this question staring at me. I'm in Minneapolis MN. Downtown in fact.

No, I have not got upgraded. Sounds like another local person with no OTA either?

I've run into a weird snag, unexpected, on top of not getting the OTA.
I'm using this methods advice:
http://androidforums.com/warp-seque...8582-guide-n00b-friendly-ota-jb-updating.html

Correction:

So initially I thought Titanium Backup, had sprung a leak or gotten confused, noooo, this process (above), had broken root.

Thanks to Junkies tool, and fiddling around within settings/developer options/USB Debugging, (turned on/than turned off/ than on, as his tool advises), re-rooted the phone. Easy as everyone has been saying.

I continue to go into settings/ all/ apps/Google Services Framework, and clear data, than force stop ... than settings/System Updates/Update PRL ... than Update ZTE Software.

But this is not calling up the OTA Update, here in Minneapolis MN.

Upvote 0
I followed the directs as I stated above, but the upgrade failed.

So, it was touch and go for a while, I can't see the use in Factory Reset, wipe user data, before upgrade to JB, so this time I'm going to try again, (after reinstalling, re-rooting stock b09),without that.

Did get a copy over to the SD card, so that I'll move back to the (now) wiped cache.

Upvote 0
today i got my update 3:15 in the morning yeah

You waited long enough. You got any hair left?

I hope it works right out of the box for you.

Turns out this update has some real wild ride's in store for people, and it makes demands on your time. I'm going to try installing again today.

You know, it's not hard to imagine, Warp Sequents, coming from different factories last fall, each very slightly differing, needing the ZTE people to address Factory A's phone, one way, then Factory B's another way, to account for production flaw's.

Maybe that's why there's been so much "holy terror at the failures", right next to the "easy smooth flow of success", for different folks.

Upvote 0
From Puerto Rico here.
Just got the OTA update. I cleared the google services data, forced closed it and got the update from 1 try.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373570810125.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373570810125.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373570859673.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373570859673.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 62
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373570878269.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373570878269.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: boricuakiller
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones