1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

~OFFICIAL Post Your Favorite ROM Thread~

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Puddin422, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

There was a thread like this on the Epic forum, and it was very, very helpful. So, please post your favorite rom, why you like it, any issues you had, other tips and tricks, etc.

Thank you!!

I would start, but I'm still on stock rom, rooted.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. seanpr123

seanpr123 Member

I've been running UnNamed since I purchased the phone a month and a half ago. It seems to be the clear winner if you're looking for the basics with all the junk removed (and a few nice tweaks).

I have been considering a switch to some of the ICS themed ROMS, but will most likely wait until we get actual releases with the updated software.

UnNamed is rock solid, has great battery life and is super fast. Would not hesitate to recommend in a heartbeat, but also interested in what other people have to suggest!

3. mratlndmrk

mratlndmrk Well-Known Member

Currently running TASK650's ICS'd OUT version 8. It's an ICS theme and it's tweaked for blazing speed and excellent battery life. I was previously running Cognition 777 R3 but it is not longer being updated. It was great but I got bored.

4. Rolex81

Rolex81 Newbie

MIUI is currently my favorite. I've tries them all out seems like and they are all very nice. MIUI just feels clean and smooth. Throw in Siyah kernel and it's even better. Battery life is amazing.

5. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

ive really been liking ICScrewD, came from MIUI but never got the battery life others got. I liked it too but i like more of a stock android feel

6. Infamous05gt

Infamous05gt Member

I have been running Unnamed and it was great but a buddy is running cyanogenmod on his and I must say I am impressed.

7. Rolex81

Rolex81 Newbie

CM7 is nice. I just switched to Shostock with Entropy latest DD and its nice. Very fast retains stock look

8. kevinjgray88

kevinjgray88 Lurker

I am running a fox hound rom. greatly improved my reception

9. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

10. jasvncnt1

jasvncnt1 Member

I was running Unnamed from day one. Recently switched to turkbey with jkay mod. Love it!

11. Infamous05gt

Infamous05gt Member

So I switched from UnNamed to stock 2.3.4 heck of an improvement on battery. But just tried cm7 and I can't for the love of me figure out how to use it. So Until I have more time back to 2.3.4

12. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

Just wanted to bump this thread. :)

13. miller7796

miller7796 Newbie

Currently running ShoStock 1.9.4. Tried the latest CM7.2 RC and liked it, but still experienced freezes with Market/Play. Loved the battery life on CM, but went back to Sho, battery life is pretty decent on there anyway.

14. jasvncnt1

jasvncnt1 Member

Turkbey V3 ICS ported

15. miller7796

miller7796 Newbie

Updated to ShoStock V1.1 (ICS) but now trying AOKP 4.0.4.

16. seanpr123

seanpr123 Member

What sort of difference are you seeing with AOKP? On 1.1 myself since all the RCs but not sure what else is really available.

17. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

Ive been on phonebricker for about a week now and ive been liking it a whole lot. not had any problems but a apex launcher force close once every few days. planning on staying with it for awhile

18. miller7796

miller7796 Newbie

Not a whole lot really. I've been struggling with battery life but I also reflashed it this morning due to messing with some fonts and making things look like crap. I think I need a few more power cycles to be able to say how it's really doing.

19. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast

CheckROM v6 from the 9100 (ported using Hellraiser).

20. Teako

Teako Lurker

ShoStock2 v1.1 Running smooth for me!! Tried AOPK 4.0.4 Went back to ShoStock. Maybe I didnt give AOPK enough time? Not sure. But Im really happy with ShoStock!!

21. 375thRanger

375thRanger Lurker

22. mr sukjohnbof

mr sukjohnbof Newbie

if you want a good ics mod, id suggest resurrection remix v1.9 it runs android version4.0.4 throw in some goodies like beats by dre, minus the bloatware an id personally say this is the best custom mods out there :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews