• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.:Official Review And Impressions Thread:.

So what do you think about the Rezound/Vigor?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 154 93.3%
  • Thumps Down

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hello, i recently bought a htc rezound for $300 at a Korean-owned verizon store called "All Star Wireless Inc." located in *2716 W. Olympic Blvd.,#201 LA CA 90006* and im experiencing a problem with a phone alrdy. i noticed the problem 2 days after i purchased the phone

The issue is that there is a gap between the phone itself and the battery cover. the gap is located at the bottom right corner and at dark settings, i can see red light escaping. This is extremely frustrating because i use my "pinky finger" to hold my phone as leverage. Not only that, i JUST* bought it. The manager of the store had told me its a manufacturers problem. However, i suspect the same manager who attended to me when i purchased the phone had damaged the phone integrity when he repeatedly opened/closed the back cover (way over 5x times) BEcause he did not know what he was doing with the 4G chip.

What can i do to receive a new replacement, as the store does not seem to want to give me. Should i just call the Verizon company itself- and would they give me a replacement? i do not know how to handle the situation without letting myself feel cheated, Please Help.

P.s. The phone feels extremely fragile when i hold it (pinky finger) when i put force into it, i can shut the gap completely but as soon as i let go, it reverts to the same gap since the battery cover and the phone is not intact. I am aware the back cover must be intact with the phone in order to have any data reception, so i am very concerned..

Upvote 0
hello, i recently bought a htc rezound for $300 at a Korean-owned verizon store called "All Star Wireless Inc." located in *2716 W. Olympic Blvd.,#201 LA CA 90006* and im experiencing a problem with a phone alrdy. i noticed the problem 2 days after i purchased the phone

The issue is that there is a gap between the phone itself and the battery cover. the gap is located at the bottom right corner and at dark settings, i can see red light escaping. This is extremely frustrating because i use my "pinky finger" to hold my phone as leverage. Not only that, i JUST* bought it. The manager of the store had told me its a manufacturers problem. However, i suspect the same manager who attended to me when i purchased the phone had damaged the phone integrity when he repeatedly opened/closed the back cover (way over 5x times) BEcause he did not know what he was doing with the 4G chip.

What can i do to receive a new replacement, as the store does not seem to want to give me. Should i just call the Verizon company itself- and would they give me a replacement? i do not know how to handle the situation without letting myself feel cheated, Please Help.

P.s. The phone feels extremely fragile when i hold it (pinky finger) when i put force into it, i can shut the gap completely but as soon as i let go, it reverts to the same gap since the battery cover and the phone is not intact. I am aware the back cover must be intact with the phone in order to have any data reception, so i am very concerned..

Either go back and demand a new phone stating you brought it back within the 14 day window expressing your concerns, go to a corporate Verizon store (not an authorized reseller) and talk to their customer service or tech support, or call VZW customer service and complain about that store.

Upvote 0
I love this freaking phone!
I had fears when deciding which phone I would purchase while researching. They included battery life, build, stability, camera, and how much I would appreciate it compared to my old incredible. I loved the inc but didn't know how i would feel having another htc sense device considering I felt like I was shelling out more money for a device I already owned (-4g ( have 4g on my charge, tho...)).

Well, no more fears! It's a fresh feel considering how responsive n quick this is. Battery life is better than the Inc and the charge. Build quality is great. It's got some weight to it but it fits. It feels right in my hands. The charge felt too light for its size like their was nothing but plastic, air, and battery. The iPhone reminds me of a piece of sheet metal. The rezound feels like it should n like it looks. Im glad I'm back on an htc sense device. I remember how I felt when I switched to the charge; "oh, damn I cant do this /that anymore". Now, I have everything back I had to get use to not having plus everything the charge had. The camera is ridiculously good. No more ghost pictures (extremely white and/or blurry)!

Best phone I've owned and the only phone that met my expectations without sparing anything.

Upvote 0
Just got this phone 2 days ago and I'm loving it so far.

When the description of the Galaxy Nexus' came out and it had a 4.65" screen, I imagined that it would be long-ish skinny phone, but when I saw it in the store, it was wide and didn't fit well in my hand. It was hard to use with one hand. The Rezound fit really well in my hand. I think some phone manufacturers are getting it all wrong. Stop trying to make a thin phone. A skinnier phone is more useful. The GN was bordering on tablet size for me.

The reasons I got the Rezound:

- Very good form factor
- Nice design, looks much better than the GN
- Amazing screen, a true 720p, not cheating with subpixel sharing like the GN
- Fast CPU

I didn't even care that it has beats audio and headphones, I didn't care that it has 4G, I keep it off most of the time anyway for battery life.

I own the Inc 1 and Inc 2, and I thought I wouldn't get another HTC phone because I wanted a pure google experience and earlier software updates, but google messed up with the GN hardware design.

I feel like I'm getting the next Incredible. The Rezound really feels like it should be the Inc 3, especially with its red translucent insides.

My only gripe about this phone is the battery life. I would say it's decent, but I hoped for more. It's definitely better than the Inc 1, but not as good as the Inc 2. But it is powering a HD screen.

I guess I am a graphics whore, because I love the Rezound for the screen and it's gaming graphics. It's also very nice surfing the web on this thing. Everything looks crisp. I can't see a pixel on this thing.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
It's OK... Your phone stores battery stats and them more you use the more they become represented... The type of battery used in phones today work best and last longer when not completely drained some people say got to 10-20% then recharge to to keep it healthy :) there are a few pages around. Here that go into more details but I can't post it from my phone I will edit later with a link

Reactions: ArmchairBear
Upvote 0
Going into my second week with the rezound,why Verizon seems to want to advertise the Galaxy&Razr over the rezound makes no sense,how this phone has not made the best smartphone list also is crazy, everything out of the box worked as advertised no tweaking needed,i simply love everything about this phone,the only thing i do not like is the usb port is on the side,but in no way does this do anything to keep me from loving it.

Upvote 0
why Verizon seems to want to advertise the Galaxy&Razr over the rezound makes no sense

To be fair and honest, I haven't seen a single Galaxy Nexus TV advertisement that was sponsored by VW. All of the commercials that I've seen have been strictly by Google. I think VW has actually done more Rezound ads than the Nexus. Now the RAZR is another story; VW loves Motorola!!!

EDIT: OK, so I take that back. I just saw a Nexus commercial during the GoDaddy.com Bowl, and it was both Google and Verizon!!!

Upvote 0
Just swapped my Galaxy Nexus yesterday for the rezound. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far---I haven't owned a phone with sense since the evo and it has evolved nicely. It feels much nicer in the hand to me than the GN, screen is gorgeous and battery life is better on my first day. I won't even bother mentioning the signal and dload speeds compared to the GN. I'm also pumped to have a good camera again--using 4s prior to GN. I'm glad I got it!

Upvote 0
I've had this phone for about 1.5 weeks and I think it's a really good phone. Now I'm new to smartphones so I'm still learning. I had wanted the Galaxy Nexus and still kinda do, but I read about how some users of the nexus have had data and volumes problems. I played it safe and ended up getting the Rezound after reading how the data speeds were good and the camera was better based off pics I saw between Rezound and Nexus.

I do wish the Rezound has SuperAmoled HD because the Nexus screen stands out! But The Rezound is pretty good and the HD screen resolution is nice. I want the latest phone as I will have this for a year or more, and I think I have something is right there with the top smartphones. There is a chance I might end up returning for the Galaxy Nexus because I feel like I'm missing the SuperAmoled HD screen, but I'll have decide on that asap. I hope the community will grow because that's another thing I wish this phone had, though it looks as if it's growing.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
Just swapped my Galaxy Nexus yesterday for the rezound. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far
I'm glad I got it!

I've had this phone for about 1.5 weeks and I think it's a really good phone.

Welcome to RezoundWorld, the land of hey-it's-better-than-I-thought-and-everything-just-works!

I had wanted the Galaxy Nexus and still kinda do
There is a chance I might end up returning for the Galaxy Nexus because I feel like I'm missing the SuperAmoled HD screen, but I'll have decide on that asap. I hope the community will grow because that's another thing I wish this phone had, though it looks as if it's growing.

The Nexus is very appealing and has a lot to offer. Try the Rezound for your trial period, follow the Nexus forums to see how it develops, and then go with whatever calls out to you.

The Rezound forums took a jump in activity recently when HTC gave us unlocked bootloader, and it'll surely take another big jump when there's a full-blown ICS (Android 4.0) ready to go.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
Exchanged the G Nex for the Rezound. I had the G Nex since 1-5. I have a RAZR and Rezound, keeping both....had the RAZR since 11-11, had the Rezound for about 3-4 days.

First impressions: The Rezound might be the most under rated dual core, LTE phone on Verizon....that is all.....

There are some color schemes I dont like on the Rezound, I think the buttons are too flush. With that said.....

The Rezound might be the most under rated dual core, LTE phone on Verizon....that is all.....

Upvote 0
Why did you get rid of it might I inquiry

Reception.

Phone reception started out fine, got worse as time went by, data reception was iffy from day one. Where I live n work its a bad reception area. So I need phones that can handle the area good.

Other than that it was fine. There were other some things I liked about it and ICS, some thing I didnt like about it and ICS. Couldnt get past reception in my area or wait for an updates that might have made it better. 4.0.3 radios did improve 3G for me...but thats it.

Upvote 0
Reception.

Phone reception started out fine, got worse as time went by, data reception was iffy from day one. Where I live n work its a bad reception area. So I need phones that can handle the area good.

Other than that it was fine. There were other some things I liked about it and ICS, some thing I didnt like about it and ICS. Couldnt get past reception in my area or wait for an updates that might have made it better. 4.0.3 radios did improve 3G for me...but thats it.

Vaid reason how is the resound reception wise

Upvote 0
Vaid reason how is the resound reception wise

Welll after today....I would say they are on par for phone reception. Which isnt too good. Which is wild cuz they both started off fine. Trying the phones in different areas, they both fell short where my RAZR didnt.

One advantage of living or working in a bad reception area is you can really test the reception of these phones.

Data reception on the Rezound is very nice tho. I get 4G on my floor with it, something the G Nex or RAZR didnt do. Tried the 4.0.3 radios, havent tested the RAZR on the latest leak yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones