• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.:Official Rezound Best Deals Thread:.

Nope... ordered mine on Tuesday night and tried that. $99 is the discounted price -- they will only let you apply the NE2 if you buy the phone at its regular price $199.

Also: NE2 amounts have dropped to $30.

My NE2 was $50. I got it applied to the $99.99 price, had to call telesales (800-256-4646). They did try selling me $75 worth of accessories though ...

Upvote 0
I am pretty happy with my deal. I got a Rezound, and my wife got a Droid 3. I talked to one Best Buy, and they shut me down, but the second one worked with me.

I price matched the Droid 3 to Newegg to get it free, and I price matched Verizon for the Rezound to get it for $99. Both numbers were previously registered for the "Phone Freedom" promotion that they had run earlier, so we got 2 x $50 credits (applied to that transaction, not gift cards, for whatever reason). I had a 20% off coupon, which I used for a screen protector, which they applied for me (I had a horrible experience trying to apply my own to my OG Droid). Walked out the door for about $25, the cost of the screen protector and tax.

Upvote 0
Local BestBuy would not price match on contract phones. So I decided to go through Verizon Wireless and order the phone, and also take advantage of my new every two credit of $30. Although it took me three calls to them to finally get someone who wanted to help and not transfer me into oblivion.
Bought the Rezound and the extended battery for $105, replacing an OG Droid. Just ordered a Seidio surface case-holster combo although I know it wont fit the ext battery. But I need a Holster or I will loose the phone. I will try to live with the standard battery for now and keep the ext bat. in reserve. I basically only use my phone for company email and phone calls. No texting and major downloading for me. (at least for now)

Is anyone using or recommending insurance? I have been trying to decide if I need it or not, I have lost one phone in the past due to water damage.
Anyone have thoughts on ensqaured?

Upvote 0
I was able to get my Rezound from BB for $49.99 (this was on Feb 28). They price matched the VZW $99.99 deal plus I had signed up for their $50 credit. VZW would not apply my upgrade discount to the reduced price. I kind of thought that was a little bogus considering it says right on the page that I would get "Discounted Price plus a $30 bonus."

My biggest surprise, and I was wondering if anyone else signed up for it, was the buy back program. I paid $30 for the program which will guarantee they buy back the phone in 2 years for $160. If I sell it back within one year they will give me $400. So, basically, if something comes out by the end of the year that I just can't live without it will be like getting a 50% discount after having to pay full retail price. Seems like a decent deal to me...I have 30 days to change my mind and get my $30 refunded.

Upvote 0
My biggest surprise, and I was wondering if anyone else signed up for it, was the buy back program. I paid $30 for the program which will guarantee they buy back the phone in 2 years for $160. If I sell it back within one year they will give me $400. So, basically, if something comes out by the end of the year that I just can't live without it will be like getting a 50% discount after having to pay full retail price. Seems like a decent deal to me...I have 30 days to change my mind and get my $30 refunded.

The buy back is pretty legit as long as you do not forget you have it lol.

Upvote 0
htcrezound_120402.jpg

For $50, you can sell the headphones and make a little profit.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5723

Upvote 0
Yep, I just saw the sale and was going to post myself. Got some work to do with Customer Service as they system didn't take off my last NewEveryTwo which is supposed to be on top of ANY discounts. But I'll work on it when customer service is back to work tomorrow. Frustrating to have to do but it'll be quite a deal if I can get it sorted. :) Especially nice since ICS is supposed to be making its appearance soon!

Upvote 0
I had bought my wife the Rezound last Tuesday for $199 in store. I went there today to try to get them to comp me the $150 but they couldn't, so they told me to call customer care. I called customer care and they couldn't help either, so they told me to return the phone and then buy it online, which I did. Sucks I had to pay a $35 restocking fee, but I'm still up $115 or so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones