• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ~*{Official ROM Release}*~ [Viper's Admire Legends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperdink

Android Expert
Dec 18, 2011
USA

Prepare your self, for the untold awesomeness of the Viper's Admire Legend ROM

Based off Admiral Beast, it's better than stock by far.
With only 35 calories per flash, Its all you've ever wanted in a ROM.
This ROM is sure to please.

So enjoy the eye candy below, then download it
Admire_Legend.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Credits go to Mysteryemotionz for the base and Paris for the base theme

screen_20120730_1940.png
screen_20120730_1940_2.png

PLEASE NOTE: THIS ROM ONLY FLASHES WITH CWM 5.0.2.7

sue cwm
http://www.mediafire.com/?cypo8c8415xxo0y

Installation Instructions

make a back up first
if your on CWM 5028 you use sues zip above to go back to CWM 5027.
if your on stock phone you gotta load cwm with odin (see Stickys)
if your on CWM 5028..

install sues zip with 5028
reboot into recovery in advance
when it reboots you'll be on CWM 5027
wipe data
format system in mounts
mount system
go back and install legend off sd card
when done reboot and let sit for 10 minits
even if its ready let it set
done and enjoy

make a backup

ive been using 5.0.2.8, so when i switched to 5.0.2.7 i get a bunch of errors about not being able to mount /cache/recovery/... and when i try to mount/format anything else (/system, /data, /cahe) i get error mounting/ system!.
Anybody know how to fix?

You need to flash a back up made with 5027. You did make a backup before you upgraded (as should be stated in instructions) didn't you?

Reactions: aboatright
Upvote 0
THIS ROM JUST WORKS AND IS NOT A BATTERY KILLER

Sues 5.0.2.7 CWM is in the op..It is necessary for installation.

This is v6 supercharged,beats installed, Tweaked to the ballz up and is just as complete as could be. If theres any thing you see that you like or dislike feel free to say so. Feed back is what generates any improvement in the Future. This Package is not a battery destroyer and is really smooth.
I've Been test driving it personally for a few weeks on my phone and have not had any problems what so ever.

Viperdink
ABCindicate\Provost

Upvote 0
I'm on Firefox in Ubuntu 11.10. The 4share site is acting up. I sign in and hit the d/l link and the site errors. I'll try again maybe with Chrome.

Got it! It was 4share acting up.

what did you have to do to down load it directly to your phone?
and do you think it needs a mirror link?

The only other problem people have had is going back to the 5027 CWM.
if your on CWM 5028 there is alink for sues 5027 CWM in the o/p.

The Beats package is not installed in the package but is compatable along with being able to install DSP support.you can only use one, but both are compatable. i like beatz....

if your just getting rooted for the first time and installing the CWM for your first time you can install this package with no problems. This would be great for your first custom rom.
plus the improvements over stock is really a noticeable improvement.

Viperdink
ABCindicate Your Phone Your Way

Upvote 0
what did you have to do to down load it directly to your phone?
and do you think it needs a mirror link?

The only other problem people have had is going back to the 5027 CWM.
if your on CWM 5028 there is alink for sues 5027 CWM in the o/p.

The Beats package is not installed in the package but is compatable along with being able to install DSP support.you can only use one, but both are compatable. i like beatz....

if your just getting rooted for the first time and installing the CWM for your first time you can install this package with no problems. This would be great for your first custom rom.
plus the improvements over stock is really a noticeable improvement.

Viperdink
ABCindicate Your Phone Your Way

I always use my lappy to download then transfer to phone through USB. 4share was just being wonky that night. Probably updating their servers or whatnot. I'm still on CWM 5.0.2.7. When I first got my 'lil Admire a couple months ago I rooted it as soon as I got home with the info provided on this forum. I flashed Admiral Beast, then found Cobalt VipA, now this! Thanks for such awesome ROM's, you guys rock! :)

Upvote 0
Reactions: Trickster03
Upvote 0
This ROM has no bugs whatsoever :)

CWM can't brick admires, its installing it via ROM Manager that bricks Admires.

You can install CWM using the instructions from the thread below

[Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet - Android Forums

Okay thanks! but I have another question, In his Tut he has CWM but its a .tar and It doesn't say what version it is..the one in this thread is .zip What one do I use? His or do I convert this one to a .tar? To install this ROM.

Upvote 0
Just follow the tut then boot into recovery then install the zip here in CWM.

The .tar is used in odin mode to install CWM 5.0.2.7 so you can install custom ROMs. Follow the tut to the letter!!!

Sent from my Samsung Admire Running OpenAndroid 2.3

Okay thanks alot. Everything went well flashed the ROM etc. But so far the only thing I see wrong..Is Wifi won't work. When I go to turn it on it says "Error"...Any ideas? (Even re-flashed still same issue)

Upvote 0
this was developed in a 1X serviced area. It has all the tweaks installed that could be used for performance enhancements but we would appreciate any helpful feed back concerning 3g.

Thanks
viperdink
ABCindicate

'

I rode into town today and got a 3g connection. The speed test results don't look all that impressive but browsing with Opera Mini was as fast as my Vz wireless at the house. Streaming YouTube was pretty smooth as well. McLovin this ROM so far! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones