• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ~*{Official ROM Release}*~ [Viper's Admire Legends]

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone on ff18 baseband tried this one. I use this one as my everyday driver. i use WIFI FILE EXPLOYER all the time with it and it works flawless on EJ26 baseband. If you've upgrade the baseband and tried it I would like to know if it still works. PLEASE do not update just to find out. It is not a novice idea and i do not advice it...

Reactions: doowop0593
Upvote 0
I just flashed it like a few minutes ago, and I have to say one word...SMOOTTTHH!!! but I was wondering how in the android hell do you make it as loud as Monster 5.3 without adding some bull*&^% app to sub. Monster 5.3 is the loudest rom I've heard on the admire, And Im not talking about the head phone jack. I mean ringer,notifications, games, every sound coming from that little speaker is screaming. Its louder than the I Phone 4s :).
I have read some people complaining about it being to loud, as for me I love being able to hear my ringers, notifications alerts, and alarm. Viper please let a bruh know how I can add this without and app before I post the next Legends video displaying this wonderful gem of expression. Thanks

p.s. Im on ff18 and no problems yet, I'm gonna run it for a bit

Upvote 0
I just flashed it like a few minutes ago, and I have to say one word...SMOOTTTHH!!! but I was wondering how in the android hell do you make it as loud as Monster 5.3 without adding some bull*&^% app to sub. Monster 5.3 is the loudest rom I've heard on the admire, And Im not talking about the head phone jack. I mean ringer,notifications, games, every sound coming from that little speaker is screaming. Its louder than the I Phone 4s :).
I have read some people complaining about it being to loud, as for me I love being able to hear my ringers, notifications alerts, and alarm. Viper please let a bruh know how I can add this without and app before I post the next Legends video displaying this wonderful gem of expression. Thanks

p.s. Im on ff18 and no problems yet, I'm gonna run it for a bit

boot to 5027
Mount system
install beats off sd card
reboot
then its really loud dude

if you don't like beatz load volume + or DSP
they all work alone and never together

Upvote 0
So this is confirmed working on the new 2.3.6 update from my understaing for the post above.

If you've upgraded the to the FF18 baseband it will work great.
but it will not fix the lack of tethering some people have experienced.

If you've upgraded the to the EJ26 baseband it will work as 2.3.4 after implementing changes found on another thread posted here on this forum.
and that update supports hotspots.

hoped this helps,sorry for taking so long to get back.

viperdink out

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
Ok the only problem after running it for a week and a half is my camera and video camera doesn't work at all. Vip man what can I do?
Once i put a 8gb class 6 sd card in i never experianced any more problems.
did you try clearing you cashes and trying camera. the video is the memory
hog so see if you can freeup a little,maybe.
which launcher are you using?

Upvote 0
Im running the hell out of this rom. I have four pages of apps. I'm running Holo launcher with three pages on the desk top. The camera is the only thing that is an issue. I even use uot kitchen on it to personalize it . I mean even with four pages of apps, do you think running another camera app would help?
I think if you look in the holo launcher settings there is an option to set the launcher in memory. Don't keep it in memory! That takes up too much memory and doesn't give your camera enough free memory to function properly.

Upvote 0
i loaded holo launcher into my data/app dir and used a free apk called
ucam deluxe off playstore. the check box on launcher preference was like night and day on the phone, launcher ran alot smoother .But i did have to do a fresh reflash of legend first. hope this helps. i did find a jelly bean launcher
when i looked for holo . i'm gonna try that, i ll get back at ya.
viperdink out

Upvote 0
i loaded holo launcher into my data/app dir and used a free apk called
ucam deluxe off playstore. the check box on launcher preference was like night and day on the phone, launcher ran alot smoother .But i did have to do a fresh reflash of legend first. hope this helps. i did find a jelly bean launcher
when i looked for holo . i'm gonna try that, i ll get back at ya.
viperdink out

I like the jelly bean launcher, a jelly bean theme would look great but involves a lot of work from what I understand. I can't do it but maybe that new ROM bo has in store my reflect a jelly bean theme. Just got to wait and see.

Upvote 0
well jelly bean launcher, and holo launcher both worked . i found that both launchers however after a few reboots, the video camera in hd mode starts
not working. if i clear cashes and try again i get the same results.the camera works well but in the hd utube mode the video ends up F/C ing. the still pictures keeps working with all the options with no problems. I've been trying
all the camera apps i can get with these launchers and the problems still come back. The stock launcher and zeem launcher hasn't had the same results and I am open for any suggestions. I even went to a odexed bone stock 2.3.4 and have gotton the same results. A custom themed launcher is the best i can do. PM me if your interested.

viperdink out.:mad:

Reactions: doowop0593
Upvote 0
well jelly bean launcher, and holo launcher both worked . i found that both launchers however after a few reboots, the video camera in hd mode starts
not working. if i clear cashes and try again i get the same results.the camera works well but in the hd utube mode the video ends up F/C ing. the still pictures keeps working with all the options with no problems. I've been trying
all the camera apps i can get with these launchers and the problems still come back. The stock launcher and zeem launcher hasn't had the same results and I am open for any suggestions. I even went to a odexed bone stock 2.3.4 and have gotton the same results. A custom themed launcher is the best i can do. PM me if your interested.

viperdink out.:mad:

Im interested I really think its smooth for a stock base and it handled alot.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones