• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Samsung Fascinate 2.2 Speculation Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought I should put the rumors to rest. Samsung has every intention on delivering the Froyo update on time as they had initially stated. They said by the end of the year. We just misinterpreted the end of the year as 2010. They really meant 2011. They are confident they'll hit the target date they just don't know if it will be in November or December. LOL.
This makes me wana cry...:(. And the fact that Iphone for VZW just came out.

darth-vader-sense.jpg

LOLZ!!!

Upvote 0
I must be the exception because I'm a self-proclaimed Samsung fanboy. It started with my Samsung LCD TV a few years ago, then my Samsung blu-ray player, then my Fascinate, and just this past weekend Time Warner hooked me up with a new Samsung DVR which is much faster and has 3x the storage space. I haven't had too much interaction with their customer service, but it seems to be no worse than any other company. Over at CNet.com they have a dedicated Samsung message board where a Samsung employee posts and responds regularly. A couple of times I've posted about incompatible blu-ray titles and a few days later there was a worldwide firmware update.

Anyway, maybe, just maybe it could be that Samsung really does care about their products and the user experience and just wants to get this update right the first time. From what I understand it's not that the company is just being lazy, they're probably actively working on tweaking 2.2 for the Fascinate and other devices so that when it does come out, crybabies like some of you on this thread wont throw a temper tantrum and blame Samsung for poor customer service when you can't figure out why your battery life sucks after the update. It seems to be a no-win for them, so my guess is that they're going to err on the side of releasing a stable update that they know will work on the majority of their devices rather than catering to the very small percentage of users who piss their pants when an update is a few months behind other manufacturers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones