• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Samsung Fascinate 2.2 Speculation Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
SirKronan,

I can understand your frustration. I really can. But one of your assumptions is incorrect: that is, I was never here to make friends or build a reputation to begin with. What people see or learn about the persona "Tarrant" is immaterial to me. VZW was my target, not you or anybody else here, and although I was simply one of many making the effort, as of tomorrow when the OTA release kicks off, we've now received what we'd wished for. Mission accomplished, and now it's time to switch off. ;)

To your credit, you made some great arguments, and I'm sure many here appreciated that. But nothing you could have said would have changed my position, because my goal required that I maintain that position.

It wasn't personal. Take care!

Upvote 0
I'm way sure I've asked for the back-and-forth personal stuff to stop and I'm way sure I meant it. :mad:

~~~~

Looks like the official Froyo is soon out, the long frustrating wait is over - I'm happy for you cats, another level of power is about to open to many of you with your very fine hardware. :)

So - no further need for any negativity over the Froyo debate, time to just move forward. :)

Upvote 0
SirKronan,

I can understand your frustration. I really can. But one of your assumptions is incorrect: that is, I was never here to make friends or build a reputation to begin with. What people see or learn about the persona "Tarrant" is immaterial to me. VZW was my target, not you or anybody else here, and although I was simply one of many making the effort, as of tomorrow when the OTA release kicks off, we've now received what we'd wished for. Mission accomplished, and now it's time to switch off. ;)

To your credit, you made some great arguments, and I'm sure many here appreciated that. But nothing you could have said would have changed my position, because my goal required that I maintain that position.

It wasn't personal. Take care!

Well, I appreciate it. Thanks for the courteous response. I meant to mention several posts I actually agreed with you on, and somehow I lost sight of that in my semi-rant. For that, I apologize. One thing we for sure agree on is that Berizon was the "enemy" for taking so long. Several of your other posts deserved merit. I'm willing to "shake hands" via internet and call it good.

Let's celebrate a source code release to the devs and a soon to be official 2.2 improved experience to the masses! I would like to hope the members of this forum helped contribute at least a tad in Berizon's acceleration of this release to the public. And while that may not have happened, at least we have helped some get refunds from Berizon for non-working docks. 8 months with a $50 item that won't work with your $200 item it's made for is pretty frustrating. It will be nice for all the docks to now work properly.

I'm way sure I've asked for the back-and-forth personal stuff to stop and I'm way sure I meant it. :mad:

~~~~

Looks like the official Froyo is soon out, the long frustrating wait is over - I'm happy for you cats, another level of power is about to open to many of you with your very fine hardware. :)

So - no further need for any negativity over the Froyo debate, time to just move forward. :)

Thanks again for the reminder. If I strayed too far from the topic at hand, I apologize. It was meant more as a rebuttal against his posts and opinions than a personal attack against him. But of course you are right, and it is now irrelevant. What matters is that we are getting the support we need for our devices.

Just a reminder! I always recommend everyone do a factory wipe along with any major OTA update, even if they don't release this over the air and do it in stores or via computer, I've had the best luck with official updates on every android device I've owned when I do a factory wipe, and I often have odd and annoying results and quirks when I don't. And I know I'm not the only one.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones