• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OFFICIAL Samsung galaxy s2

Trying to save money to pick up a bunch of boost phones on black friday might get a few of these if they are at least half off.

I know this is a great phone but from all the build up I kinda feel well, under whelmed.

Biggest negative is the lack of a qwerty keyboard.

Plus 4g is at best a sales pitch and at worst a racket.

2.5gb cap and then your back to 3g, if you even get 4g where you live.

Theoretically if you could actually find a server that capable of transfering a file at 10mbps you would exhaust your 4g data 4.77 minutes.

I like to watch streaming video on my phone itself or tethered to an another device and in real world application
Netflix 1 45 minute video is around 500mbps so legitimately using your 4g on your phone that is only 5.75 episodes of your favorite show.

Then you are spanked back down with the rest of us 3g low lifes.

Thats not to mention what websites with a lot of flash that is constantly refreshing will do to your data. One of the biggest reasons why Facebook slaughtered myspace when mobile entered the game.

At least on Boost you wouldn't get the insane over cap penalties like Verizon but still a bunch of hype then your feet kicked out from under you.

Upvote 0
Boned by the probation again.

Thats 500mb not 500mbps.

You don't have wifi? When I stream things I normally use wifi and only thing I use 3G for is Google searches, maps and navigation. It really is a bummer that there is a cap but meh for as low as what 40$? Its a pretty good deal >_< but I'm planning to buy an unlocked galaxy nexus on Craigslist for cheap and switch to the new 65$ truly unlimited everything talk text and DATA no throttling [= on t mobile :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones