• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Pre-release thread - Sprint official launch is Saturday, June 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE PAIN! Thus why I am willing to wait as long it takes to get the LTEvo. I'm excited to get a top-tier phone as well as get away from Samsung.

Same here.... Figures the first time I pre order a phone it gets delayed:rolleyes:

I got my evo3d well after the release date so this will be my first fresh from release phone... Luckily I have another line on my account that had an upgrade ready to be burned :)

Same i fell like the hero is aging much better than the moment has. I really wanted the keyboard at the time so i went for it. Mistake

I also fell in that category... Every phone that I've had always had the keyboard ( lg enV.. Env2) so when I got away from vzw I got the moment... At that time the word samsung and the 3 letters htc meant nothing to me

A buddy of mine at work has the hero and he continues to love it... I found an otterbox defender for 6 bucks for it too... Lol

Upvote 0
hallelujah3.gif

HTC EVO 4G LTE: Cleared by Customs Inside Sprint Now

*edit*...Buddha, Jehovah, Allah, Confucius, Tom Cruise, Satan, and Oprah...
there, now you should be ok...didn't want you to catch heat...I got ur back :D

Upvote 0
*edit*...Buddha, Jehovah, Allah, Confucius, Tom Cruise, Satan, and Oprah...
there, now you should be ok...didn't want you to catch heat...I got ur back :D

Oprah huh? =P

So is it confirmed our evos are on their way? Or is it just speculation? I wanna believe but not until its official

It is confirmed that some (no we don't know which) phones have passed inspection whether the Evo was one of them or not we still do not know but if some have passed and they all use the same technique to get around the patent you can be sure it's only a matter of time.

Upvote 0
So is it confirmed our evos are on their way? Or is it just speculation? I wanna believe but not until its official

It has been confirmed that several HTC phones have been cleared by customs. I would -imagine- that the EVOs are among those. If not, then they're sure to be released soon. Myself, I'm expecting mine on the 22nd or 23rd.

Upvote 0

An HTC 'something' was released. Whether it was the One S, One X, or LTEvo has yet to be revealed. The critical point is that there is movement!

Upvote 0
Well I somehow managed not to check this forum until today. Not sure how I did it but perhaps buying a new Les Paul helped. hehe.

Just so everyone knows Radio Shack called me on Saturday (yesterday) to tell me the phone was delayed...lolz...when I asked when they thought they would be in the guy said, "uh we just found out yesterday". Double lolz. That Radio Shack by my house has just become the worst.

Upvote 0
Well I somehow managed not to check this forum until today. Not sure how I did it but perhaps buying a new Les Paul helped. hehe.

Just so everyone knows Radio Shack called me on Saturday (yesterday) to tell me the phone was delayed...lolz...when I asked when they thought they would be in the guy said, "uh we just found out yesterday". Double lolz. That Radio Shack by my house has just become the worst.

Must be owned by the same dude that runs the shack near me... Atleast they called you!... I was the one to break the news to them on the 17th!! Theyhad no. Idea!

Upvote 0

Most people that work for Radio Shack, Best Buy or even Sprint aren't exactly what we can call enthusiasts, to then it's nothing more than a piece of merchandise and they sell and know practically nothing about it.

Also when they get updates about it they get will tell you, and secondly they really don't care. It's just something they sell, they just wanna get through the day and go home.

Upvote 0
Most people that work for Radio Shack, Best Buy or even Sprint aren't exactly what we can call enthusiasts, to then it's nothing more than a piece of merchandise and they sell and know practically nothing about it.

Also when they get updates about it they get will tell you, and secondly they really don't care. It's just something they sell, they just wanna get through the day and go home.

I totally agree but I also believe if you choose a profession then you should strive to be the best you can be and know all there is to know.. That would be like me as a mechanic being asked an automotive question and me saying I dunno... At the very least if I don't know something.... I guarantee that I will find the answer asap...

Upvote 0
All three phones use the same OS, Sense 4.0. If one clears inspection, they should all clear inspection.

Yes, they SHOULD. But we are not dealing with logicians, on the contrary we are dealing with the true opposite... bureaucracy.

How hard can it be?

0330triplets400big.jpg

From left to right - One S, One X, Evo.

Gratuitously lmao! :rofl:

PS, yes, actual triplets. ;) :)

Upvote 0
Not sure how I did it but perhaps buying a new Les Paul helped. hehe.

I'm not jealous in the slightest!

it is weird/crazy how the wording makes it seem as if each handset is getting inspected individually...at least that's how it read to me....that would be ridiculous...wouldn't it???

There isn't anything about this entire debacle that I don't find in some way ridiculous. At least it seems you guys have light at the end of the tunnel now. I hope you're not waiting too much longer. :)

Early, I think I prefer the middle one. ;) :p

Upvote 0
Oh to be 20 years younger...

Beautiful younger people are a work of nature, beautiful older people are a work of art.

Now, with that in mind, looking at the metaphorical photo...

What were we talking about? :thinking:

PS - WifelyMon lurks here, and said to say hi! :) Also something about that being one of my silliest posts ever. :D

Anyway, I still think that made for a good metaphor. :p :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones