• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Supersonic Unveiling at CTIA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just says "according to people familiar with the matter", so I guess we'd need to find these people and blow them up too if WSJ is wrong, lol :p

I would normally be highly suspicious, but the article does make sense, if Sprint doesn't release a WIMAX handset soon(within 2-3 months) their 4g advantage will have been for nil.

Just a side note, as of a few minutes ago it's been confirmed that the Nexus One is coming to Sprint with an availability date announced soon, so maybe Sprint is actually trying now? Either way, N1 or Supersonic on a 69.99 unlimited data plan sounds like heaven to me!

N1/Sprint news release
http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoe...ol-newsArticle_newsroom&ID=1403426&highlight=

Upvote 0
Nexus One hardware sounds pretty similar to leaked SS specs (from Sprint website) ..

• Display: 3.7" AMOLED 480x800 WVGA display
  • Thinness: 11.5mm; Weight: 130g
  • Processor/Speed: Qualcomm Snapdragon(TM) 3G QSD8250 chipset, delivering speeds up to 1GHz
  • Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus with flash and geo tagging
  • Onboard memory: 512MB Flash, 512MB RAM
  • Expandable memory: 4GB removable SD Card (expandable to 32GB)
  • Noise Suppression: Dynamic noise suppression from Audience, Inc.
  • Ports: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack with four contacts for inline voice and remote control
  • Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
I guess it comes down to if you want a 3.7" AMOLED screen, or a 4.3" OLED screen. They're both extremely thin phones, but I imagine the SS will be a bit wider, like the HD2 vs the current N1. But that depends how much Sprint redesigns their versions...

Upvote 0
Do you think that a 3.7" screen compared to a 4.3" screen will have a noticeable difference in battery life?

Just asking, the moment one of these phones comes out, I'll be jumping on the Sprint bandwagon.... I was planning on the Samsung Moment, but I guess I can wait a few months more. I'll just stick to my old phone till then.... Cheers!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
mwc14.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones