• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[OFFICIAL] The "I Got Mine" and First Impressions Thread

I've had it for a few days now and I must say it's a winner for sure. Everything to the vibrant screen, software, and really good battery life which is surprising. And the s pen is just like I would imagine coming back from a note 7 that we all had to give back. I'd give it a 8.9/10. I would work on Bixby voice activation, it turns on sometimes without you wanting it to while using the feature even on a low sensitive setting. Everything else is above par.

how did you get the receipt uploaded? screenshot?

You have to take a screenshot of your digital receipt then it'll ask you to upload it towards the bottom of the page

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TrueFangz
Upvote 0
I agree about your Bixby assessment. My gripe is the button. What I've always hated about Samsung are the buttons. I don't want any button to wake my screen up ever, except for the power button of course. Home button always wakes up screens, and now the Bixby button can wake it up too. I've countlessly taken my phone out of my pocket to find that the screen is on, and some weird ass mishaps have occurred such as settings have toggled, etc from my fingers while reaching into the pocket to take it out. This could be prevented if I secured the phone better, but I can't stand that. I just want the old school swipe to unlock.

Upvote 0
I agree about your Bixby assessment. My gripe is the button. What I've always hated about Samsung are the buttons. I don't want any button to wake my screen up ever, except for the power button of course. Home button always wakes up screens, and now the Bixby button can wake it up too. I've countlessly taken my phone out of my pocket to find that the screen is on, and some weird ass mishaps have occurred such as settings have toggled, etc from my fingers while reaching into the pocket to take it out. This could be prevented if I secured the phone better, but I can't stand that. I just want the old school swipe to unlock.

I believe there is a setting to prevent from buttons unlocking your phone accidentally. It's like pocket protection

Upvote 0
Yep, got that turned on, it helps but still doesn't always work as well as they make it out to.

Ah man. I have a speck clear case on my phone and I haven't had any issues yet. Do you have your phone naked? Sometimes cases can help by it being harder to press the buttons.

Yep, got that turned on, it helps but still doesn't always work as well as they make it out to.

Ah man. I have a speck clear case on my phone and I haven't had any issues yet. Do you have your phone naked? Sometimes cases can help by it being harder to press the buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm not a case type person, so only use if absolutely necessary. I used one on my S7e because it was so thin and asymmetrical (front to back) that it was too hard to hold without activating the touch, or dropping on my forehead whilst lying down. So anyway, I know what you mean about that making it harder to press the buttons. Good line of thinking there.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm not a case type person, so only use if absolutely necessary. I used one on my S7e because it was so thin and asymmetrical (front to back) that it was too hard to hold without activating the touch, or dropping on my forehead whilst lying down. So anyway, I know what you mean about that making it harder to press the buttons. Good line of thinking there.

No problem bro! Always trying to help. Just enjoy it. Don't stress over it too much. It's an awesome phone. I'm sure you'll find a solution👍🏽👍🏽

Upvote 0
2x close up and 1x...

Attachments

• 20170908_101851.jpg
    20170908_101851.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 20170908_101829.jpg
    11.9 MB · Views: 192
Upvote 0
Best phone ever to date! Fast, powerful, excellent camera, and great battery life. The fingerprint sensor is not bad, I actually like the placement because I can use right or left index finger plus it doubles as swipe open /close notifications shade. Did I mention the screen the screen is beautiful especially watching HDR on Netflix and YouTube. I find I'm using Bixby more than I have ever used a DA. I love Google Now but I rarely used it with voice commands but I do with Bixby. I'm not a fan of Bixby home it would be nice to be able to replace Bixby home swipe right to Google Now Cards.
☄️☄️☄️☄️☄️

Upvote 0
Please excuse typos.. This is long sorry .
I received my note 8 on September 5th as I'm coming out of my third note4 which I absolutely loved. I've had three Note 4s do to me dropping them however I had insurance so I was able to get a new one each time. best phone I've ever had by far. great quality pictures never any issue at all with the Note 4.

Note 8 came as I said on September 5th opened it up and it was beautiful. It was easy to set up with no issues at all. I used the Smart Switch and that worked like a dream. First, This is by far the fastest phone I have ever had. Anything that doesn't have to do with WiFi internally on this phone is again, the quickest I've ever experienced. I had 70,000+ messages in my Note 4 30,000 of which were my Ex-Wifes (which I need to keep lol)... before the transfer I wanted to clean out some of those messages (from the note 4) that I didn't need the only way to do that I found out is one by one. Before I did that I used an app called 'Smstoexcel' which I highly recommend as it is an incredible app and very helpful for exactly what I needed although it doesn't transfer pictures. Of course I tried deleting full threads of messages from business associates friends and family but the Note 4 would send an error message and stop running the message app. So I had to delete some 30000 text one by one. At first I tried two thousand at a time than 1,000 than 500 finally it would take up to three hundred at a time you do the math. To delete those three hundred at a time it would take the note for approximately 15 minutes each time. Bottom line I got down from 70,000 to 45,000 and did the smart switch for messages. Smart Switch is a great tool and really easy to use as it is quick, accurate and did everything I asked of it. After the 45,000 messages were on my Note 8 I wanted to do a little test so tried to delete 500 messages at once and that took about three seconds to complete I then try to do 3000 messages at once that took about three seconds I then took all 45,000 ish and deleted them in about 4 seconds if that.. again, just shows how fast internally this phone is.

Obviously the picture quality is incredible all screenshots any messages I get emails anything that on this screen is just impeccable and a pleasure to view and work with.

So far no bugs, no issues at all as it it is running perfect, smooth and performing top notch.

The few little things I notice is probably personal preference and that's the case itself is so smooth that it will fall out of my hands and no time. I bought a cover which is great and now that issue goes away but there's no way I'll be able to use this phone with no case on it.

The other thing is when you hold the phone horizontal to take pictures my fingers keep hitting the Bixby and/or volume controls which isn't fun at all.
After having many many smartphones over the last many years I can honestly say this is the best in its class by far. Very happy with it. My first impression (score) would be a 9.898 on the scale as there is no such thing as a perfect 10 (smartphone).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones