• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] The "I have received Froyo!" Thread

:cries:
OMG why doeesnt this want to work!!!
please tell me its something with the bootstrap recovery i used to get the theme remover to work! im tired of downloading this damn file!!

Looks like that themes remover put back blockbuster, but not kindle or amazon.
Anyone want to be REALLY nice and send me yours?
Ugh!!!

Upvote 0
I was having issues myself. It kept saying update failed. I flashed the sbf back on the phone. Downloaded androot again. Moved the SU file from BIN to XBIN. The update worked and i am still rooted. Harrah
did you do a backup or something so you can put everything back without starting over?
can you explain the SU file more?
im so pissed I cant make this work!

Upvote 0
My phone downloaded and installed the update just fine, but it got stuck on the red eye for at least 10 minutes. I finally pulled the battery and after about 5 minutes it moved past the eye. Now it will get to my home screen but it is unresponsive and then it will shut itself off and you cannot power it back up without a battery pull. FYI, my phone is bone stock and has never been tinkered with (rooted) at all. Only thing I'm doing besides what came stock is I'm running Launcher Pro.

What should I do? Take it to VZW?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones