1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

*Official Trapster Thread*

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Sean@trapster.com, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Hoos

Hoos Member
    None

Mar 5, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    Thank you for posting about the update - I had no idea this app was available on Android. New about it for the iPhone. So this is great!

I'm downloading now to test drive. So to speak. :D

Advertisement

2. inssane

inssane Android Expert
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    Thanks for the update!
    Can't wait to try it out.

3. ScottAllyn

ScottAllyn Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2010
    Florida
    Sean, are you aware of any DNS issues with Trapster.com? For the past couple of days, I haven't been able to connect via the Trapster app or via the web browser to the main Trapster page on my Nexus One over t-mobile here in Tampa, FL.

Follow-up: This is definitely something with the local T-Mobile. If I enable wi-fi here at the house, I have no trouble running Trapster or accessing the Trapster website over the phone. When I disable the wi-fi and get on T-Mobile's 3G... no such luck. :(

Follow-up #2: And on the fourth day, T-Mobile gave us Trapster. Just like that, it's working again. ::shrug:: One of those whacky internet things...

4. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert
    None

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Hope you don't mind me bringing up this old thread.

I'm just trying trapster on my Incredible for the first time.

I keep driving off the map though. I can got to menu->locate me and it re-centers me, but there must be a way to keep my car centered on the map automatically, no?

5. zcacogp

zcacogp Member
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    ?
    Lahndahn Tahn
    I suspect this thread is long dead (comments from June haven't been responded to), but I downloaded Trapster yesterday and, while it looks promising, it failed to alert me to cameras which I knew were there and falsely alerted me to cameras that didn't exist.

It also forced close roughly every 5 minutes, making it largely useless. I'll try it again today but will be removing it if it performs as before.

Oli.

6. n8nagel

n8nagel Newbie
    None

May 8, 2011
    anyone else running Trapster on an Evo 4G? I am trying to but it's depleting my battery even while plugged in. Using a Seidio Innotraveler car kit. Also, phone is warm when I take it out of the cradle. just wondering if this is normal or if I'm having issues? I tried it on a 4 hour road trip recently and there was less juice left in the battery than when I started out. Phone is only a month or so old and I did pop for the "we'll replace it if you dunk it in the toilet" warranty because the thought of having to pay to replace it is kinda scary.