• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official UK Froyo update on KIES

Is it possible to update to the official 2.2 from a 2.2 unofficial beta (Build number FROYO.XWJP9 - January-ish I think) using KIES? Or do I have to downgrade manually to 2.1 then perform the automatic update?

Answered my own question - the answer is No :)

Will downgrade to 2.1 next.

Not sure that downgrading was the best idea - KIES still didn't think the phone could be updated and I couldn't access the dialer to reset the phone.

I've manually updated to 2.2 again, this time to Build number FROYO.XWJP9. Is this another unofficial beta or is it the official version?

Upvote 0
updated my galaxy europa yesterday but since then i get a message saying:

the application samsung keypad(process com.samsung.sec.android.inputmethod.axt9) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.

With a force close button underneath it any ideas with what i can do to fix this.
I also get this. I'm also unable to get into the phone, as the ebay seller I bought it from used all the pattern attempts. Because of the above error, I am also unable to enter my email details!

Any help please?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones