1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Official UK Froyo update on KIES

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by henderng, May 19, 2011.

1. henderng

henderng Lurker

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. My UK phone updated to Froyo via KIES this afternoon.

Version available

PDA:JPJ/PHONE:JP3/CSC:JP4

Andy_G and yukowl like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Twisted-

Twisted- Newbie

It was already mentioned here. But I guess it's a little surprising indeed that no topic was created about it yet.

3. miesc

miesc Newbie

No getting it :(. just for Vodaphone so far?

4. seaford30

seaford30 Lurker

how long does the update take, it's been like an hour for me now, is there anyway to start the upgrade again?

5. uplank

uplank Lurker

I just got 2.2

I am on Talkmobile\CPW - they use the voda network but i believe release there own firmware.

Dan

6. nhuk

nhuk Lurker

updated my galaxy europa yesterday but since then i get a message saying
    the applicationsamsung keypad(processcom.samsung.sec.android.inputmethod.axt9) hasstopped unexpectedley.Please try again. With a force close button underneath it any ideas with what i can do to fix this.

7. Kixy

Kixy Lurker

Is it possible to update to the official 2.2 from a 2.2 unofficial beta (Build number FROYO.XWJP9 - January-ish I think) using KIES? Or do I have to downgrade manually to 2.1 then perform the automatic update?

Answered my own question - the answer is No :)

[​IMG]

Will downgrade to 2.1 next.

Not sure that downgrading was the best idea - KIES still didn't think the phone could be updated and I couldn't access the dialer to reset the phone.

I've manually updated to 2.2 again, this time to Build number FROYO.XWJP9. Is this another unofficial beta or is it the official version?

8. wrevilo

wrevilo Lurker

I also get this. I'm also unable to get into the phone, as the ebay seller I bought it from used all the pattern attempts. Because of the above error, I am also unable to enter my email details!

Any help please?

9. yukowl

yukowl Lurker

Installed, Thanks for the heads up!

10. europadroid

europadroid Well-Known Member

Update installed here too finally. Although I too have the input error thing, I changed my input to swype and all is well.

Andy_G likes this.
  11. Andy_G

Andy_G Lurker

I plugged mine in today, first time in a week or so and flagged up the update PDA:JPJ/PHONE:JP3/CSC:JP4
    I'm on o2 in the UK.

12. Andy_G

Andy_G Lurker

Any tips on how long the update should take? Mine has been doing the same thing for the last 3 hours. It seems to be stuck with the phone saying "Downloading..." with the yellow android at work sign. I guess it has hung, but not sure.
    My phone was rooted with Androot, not sure if that'd cause problems for a Kies update.

13. Kixy

Kixy Lurker

Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes I think (beginning after the firmware has been downloaded from the internet).

14. europadroid

europadroid Well-Known Member

Yeah, mine was 10 minutes, no more. I made sure that I disconnected my Firewall as this can sometimes interfere. Hope you sort it out...

15. Kixy

Kixy Lurker

Managed to manually update the phone to the latest official UK Froyo using this guide. KIES now tells me the phone can be updated, and that I'm on the latest firmware :)

Samsung Galaxy Europa Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Europa release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 2.8" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1200mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews