1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

**Official unofficial Inspire 4G Wiki - NEWBIES and NEWCOMERS READ FIRST**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chapp1e, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Chapp1e

Chapp1e Android Enthusiast

So, I have decided to setup a free wiki for everyone to get the basic information on the Inspire. Since it hasn't been released as of yet, it's pretty basic, but Andrea and I are setup right now to edit and write anything needed, and if I haven't included everything or enough, please post up with any suggestions and they'll be updated as needed.

Hope you all enjoy!

http://inspire4g.pbworks.com

***Updated As Of***
    3:20PM 2/8/2011

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Definitely got to get this up and running so if you guys have suggestions let us know!

3. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member

Looks like you're off to a good start! Way to go both of you!!

AndreaCristiano likes this.
  4. were trying :) Chapple set it all up I just jumped on now bringing my "expertise" LOL

5. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast

Supports Microsd up to 32G

Google maps pre-loaded for faster perfromance and to save bandwith and charges.

LED message indicator.

DLNA compliant.

Fully Adobe flash compliant.

I think it has SRS Wow and dolby sound output also.

Add a link to the phone specs entitled "HTC sense 2.0" and under that link provde the details of that makes this phone unique.

Do the same for HTCsense.com (remote ring force, lock, home screen message, gps phone locater and phone wipe etc.)

Throw in a couple links to some of the better reviews and one to AT&T, and one to HTCs site-maybe one to the Inspire accessories page also.

Also a link to a site explaining 4G/Hspa+ and LTE would be good.

Link to a site explaining Droid, what it is and how it works in general as an OS.

An App section explaining the friend networking and other popular insipre apps.

Maybe a "coming soon' section listing up coming accessories and features such as netflix.

Chapp1e and AndreaCristiano like this.
  6. Chapp1e

Very nice! :)

7. Allenfx

I am not good at setting up we pages but if you can link the youtube videos where they play directly from your page in a 'review" section that would be cool as heck.

Maybe the ATT&T/inspire/4g explanations (and links) etc all under a section entitled "further resources" or something...

Just throwing out ideas.

8. Allenfx

Oh and reserve a section for tutorials on rooting and roms for later production...with links to xda.

Sorry my mind is sort of dis-organized..ideas keep coming to me for what id want in a page.

Bluetooth 2.1 USB 3.0 port also (i think, double check me)

Chapp1e likes this.
  9. Chapp1e

I'm going to save things such as tutorials, roots and roms for when all of that is released I think. Keep it a bit more organized.

10. Chapp1e

Also, links are there, if you hit the arrow in the top right of the page, you can see my links page. One takes you here. :D

11. Chapp1e

Alright Allen, cleaned it up and added some/most of your suggestions. Will add a Lisa's video review too, since that one is probably the best out right now.

12. yea that and infosyncs

13. Chapp1e

Done. :)

14. nice!

15. Allenfx

+1

Also, looks good i like where its going.

16. any other ideas just throw them at us

17. Chapp1e

Andrea added the desire hd sense walkthrough, and I fixed up some of my errors as well as adding a picture of the back, that should be good for the night. :)

18. Yea i think im out too its gettin late up in here !!!!

19. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Android Enthusiast

Excellent work, guys! Good to see the community pull together on this and do something useful! You guys are aces!!

Now, when I finally clear the cobwebs of my brain this morning, and I can think of something to add, I'll be sure to.

20. Carbontech

Carbontech Lurker

AndreaCristiano likes this.
  21. Allenfx

So the initial press release was in error.

How are they handling the turn by turn? Monthly charge or one time fee?

22. YouGotRedOnYou

not sure how accurate that is. This was for the Desire HD, which was released overseas. Trying to get better confirmation.

23. YouGotRedOnYou

searching a couple of other sites that tested, stated that Ggogle maps turn by turn is free, but of course AT&T navigator is a monthly fee. Still sounds like a big unknown, but I can't see them charging for this.

from one source: HTC Inspire 4G - AT&T Android smartphone review | ridwanaz news

24. wraithevolution

wraithevolution Well-Known Member

So does anyone know if the Inspire will have FM radio? I see conflicting reports everywhere, just as many yes as there are no. I've even seen a ? under radio on one site.

25. YouGotRedOnYou

Two of the videos posted in the review thread shows the radio app, but when turned on it stated that headphones had to be connected (acting as the antenna) so yes, there is a radio.

wraithevolution likes this.