• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official Unrevoked Developers have Froyo on EVO

just did the update...i had already started by the time we got word that this wasnt official and now phone is bricked.

it wont go past the 4g screen on power up

FML!
give it some time. It takes a while.

I noticed when they did the firmware update that boot up took longer than it did before the update. Now once you install this it takes a while longer.

Upvote 0
not htc fault or sprint. They did not release it as the final nor did they tell people to use it. But im sure htc will help out all the buffoons that used this by sending out a new update.

btw if the ota update gets pushed back i blame all you people that just couldnt wait a few more days. Thank you.

stop being such a freaking contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
nice the new app catalog allows for automatic updates. you can select it so you dont have to update manually anymore

Although seems like a neat feature. I would like to stay away from it. Mainly because the free apps that people put out there are mostly ad free, and when they update it to put ad's in, I wouldn't want it to update automatically.

Reactions: missdeevi
Upvote 0
Yep they told you to download it didnt they? So if i leave the keys in my car that means that you can just take it because it was there?

That isn't even a logical comparison.

A similar comparison would be going to the grocery store and them having a display with free cookies and after you eat a few they say "WOAH WOAH WAIT THOSE WERENT THE FINAL COOKIES THOSE WERE POSION!"

Upvote 0
Not HTC fault or sprint. They did not release it as the final nor did they tell people to use it. But im sure HTC will help out all the buffoons that used this by sending out a new update.

BTW if the OTA update gets pushed back i blame all you people that just couldnt wait a few more days. Thank you.

I'm going to blame Sprint first, then HTC...and yes, then I am going to blame you just a little bit.

Upvote 0
PLEASE REMEMBER -

Not all of YOUR apps may be 100% ready for Froyo and the new features.

This is not HTC's fault, nor the app developer.

Things take time.

App developers are working hard on 2.2 updates.

Our new camera updates are exciting - but you may expect bugs in other apps. I'm not surprised if 3rd party camera apps have trouble.

Just let the app dev know, politely and succinctly what's the trouble.

ALSO!

Protocols for Froyo-safe task killers have **changed**.

Do NOT run any task killer unless it's marked good for 2.2 - one example of reported OK is Advanced Task Cleaner Pro.

Personally, I would really SERIOUSLY advise no task killers or startup killers of any kind right now - not until we KNOW what we have our hands on.

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
That isn't even a logical comparison.

A similar comparison would be going to the grocery store and them having a display with free cookies and after you eat a few they say "WOAH WOAH WAIT THOSE WERENT THE FINAL COOKIES THOSE WERE POSION!"

No its like the store having a plate of cookies out and a sign that just says "Cookies". The sign never said to take a cookie or free cookies, it just said "Cookie". You still take the cookie and eat it and the store asks you why you took a cookie and you shouldnt have taken one because it wasnt yours. Just because its there doesnt mean its for the taking.

Upvote 0
No its like the store having a plate of cookies out and a sign that just says "Cookies". The sign never said to take a cookie or free cookies, it just said "Cookie". You still take the cookie and eat it and the store asks you why you took a cookie and you shouldnt have taken one because it wasnt yours. Just because its there doesnt mean its for the taking.

Just curious, do you look both ways before crossing a one way street?

Upvote 0
I have no problem for what I did. I take full responsability.

The only thing is that link came from HTC website, and please don't tell me that HTC was not aware of this or that it did not come from them.

I think HTC released that to check the problems and we are all testers. Although they must have some real people testing this update.

As of now, everything works for me, expect browser.

Browser crashes when it tries to load a flash website (any flash)

Upvote 0

Yes because companies make websites for you NOT to look at them. They put downloads on there for you NOT to download them.

I don't know how some people can be so ignorant.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones