• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] What Changes Have You Noticed After Updating to 2.2 (Froyo)?

_aardvarc said

I removed corporate exchange acct, which enabled the PIN entry buttons, and then re-entered my exchange info. No problems with PIN entry now. Give it a shot.

My PIN works fine with or without the my exchange account configured. Removing the account allowed me to remove the PIN screen, but that doesn't really help. I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Upvote 0
NoLock no longer works on a 2.2 Droid X. Also, SwitchPro also has a no-lock feature that is now broken on a 2.2 X as well. (also SwitchPro's camera flash flashlight is also broken).

Just to correct myself. I think the no lock screen tools will work in 2.2 as long as you don't have a pin/password/patter screen - and possibly only in the case where the secure locking was forced on you by exchange email settings.

Also the latest switch pro fixed the flashlight problem.

Upvote 0
SwiftKey Beta kicks butt too! Learns your words, saves them, predicts your sentences. According to the stats, I've saved myself over 4300 keystrokes and have become 25% more efficient in typing since I don't need to spell out the whole word. Only one glitch in it, but not a deal breaker, where if you go to fast, it spells the word twice, like thisthis.

Oh, and it has the .com buttom! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones