• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Yahoo! Messenger

First, I'm new here. Just got a Nexus One a couple of weeks ago and was somewhat disappointed that there wasn't an official Yahoo Messenger app(everyone I know uses it). Anyway, I just found the official Yahoo Messenger just showed up in the Market. Yahoo Search and Mail are there as well but I'm not sure if they are new or not. Absolutely loving it so far.

Yahoo! Messenger for Android

I know it's not an official Yahoo Messenger app, but maybe you can give eBuddy a shot. It's a good multi-messenger and you can chat to your Yahoo friends.

Upvote 0
hi guys, im having problem with yahoo messenger, can't sign in when using 3g connection, but works ok with wifi. do you also experience the same? after i see the "loading contacts".... i get a prompt "unable to sign in to messenger. do you know any fix to this? btw, im using an HTC desire unit. :( thanks guys.

Upvote 0
hi guys, im having problem with yahoo messenger, can't sign in when using 3g connection, but works ok with wifi. do you also experience the same? after i see the "loading contacts".... i get a prompt "unable to sign in to messenger. do you know any fix to this? btw, im using an HTC desire unit. :( thanks guys.

I'm getting the exact same problem. I've also seen if I previously connected via wifi then I turn off wifi, it connected and you're able to chat with your friends. So the problem is really just being able to sign in while on 3G. I've had no luck looking for a solution. I've even written this as a comment on the Android Market.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know of a Yahoo IM Client that supports Aliases (Linked accounts)??

The official Yahoo client specifically says that it does not and I am hoping someone knows of a client that does. I have tried the following (all of which DO NOT support alias):
Nimbuzz
Meebo
Palringo
IM +
eBuddy
Yahoo Droid
Fring

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones