• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Officially got my Fascinate Rooted...I feel like an Idiot.

n0ct3m

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
Mississippi
No, this is not how I feel stupid for rooting my Fascinate like the title may imply. Far from that. This is how stupid I feel for having trouble rooting my Fascinate. I spent a good three days fighting this thing with each attempt ending in the same result: An error message when I tried to flash anything from recovery. Then my brain woke up, pimp slapped me around and showed me the error of my ways. I was not in CW Recovery when I was trying to flash...Apparently it's much easier to get stuff done when you flash from there...whoda thunk it? Now I am running DL30 with Superclean rom and I am much much happy.

Point of all this rambling? I'm an idiot.

No, this is not how I feel stupid for rooting my Fascinate like the title may imply. Far from that. This is how stupid I feel for having trouble rooting my Fascinate. I spent a good three days fighting this thing with each attempt ending in the same result: An error message when I tried to flash anything from recovery. Then my brain woke up, pimp slapped me around and showed me the error of my ways. I was not in CW Recovery when I was trying to flash...Apparently it's much easier to get stuff done when you flash from there...whoda thunk it? Now I am running DL30 with Superclean rom and I am much much happy.

Point of all this rambling? I'm an idiot.

Everyone is a noob at one point...

Lesson: You're not an idiot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones