• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

officialy done with this phone

My battery is honestly not that bad, turn mobile off when not using it, same with GPS, Wifi, etc....

But it's your life and if you don't like it then so be it, but honestly, I would never want to go from an Eris to a Dare, it's like picking a girl up on the rebound, it will never be as good as the one you had before....

Great point! The dare is complete garbage compared to the Eris.

Upvote 0
your welcome :)

lol DARE BUDDIES! YAY!
haha lol

as much as I miss the love-hate relationship with my dare i could never step down from smart phone capabilities haha
but yes let me know how it goes!

the thing i will miss the most is google navigation :( it was so helpful and great to me, i went on a 3 hour trip and it directed me right to my destination with ease...back to my garmin i guess for now until i get a new smartphone...probably not for a while because im going to the navy sometime this year and i wont need a smartphone for that haha

Upvote 0
My biggest problem with the Eris is using it as a PHONE. My reception and call quality are horrible (and I've already sent it back for an exchange, same thing). Otherwise, I've gotten used to the lag and whatnot. It's just like using a computer, you learn how long it takes for certain things to respond to a click and once you do, the frustration level goes down.

Upvote 0
well, i come from windows mobile (since 2003) and all i have to say is THIS IS THE BEST PHONE I`VE OWNED!
though...im really an uber nerd. i like information security, hacking, tracking every version number of different OS`s. so this phone is right up my alley. i really think that droid will go to the power users and nerds. the ones every day people get will be the droids that are locked down like the ones on at&t. i`ve had my eris since it came out and...when the incredible comes out im getting it first day:p

Upvote 0
lol you claim to be a respectable person by calling me a "bitchass" then you proceed to add fuel to your fire :rolleyes:

oh shit people on here own the eris? is this breaking news? no shit sherlock...looks like your the one who got a problem because i made a thread "bashing and complaining" about the eris and to be honest, a cell phone is the least of my worries in my life, its funny because you think im suffering right now because i have a dare :eek: i have a decent job for being only 19 years old and money was not a problem for me when i purchased the eris... if it was i would not of gotten it in the first place...do i regret buying the eris? sure i do, but im not going to lose sleep because of it...looks like you need to get out more if this is getting to you, maybe go to a party or get a girlfriend. something along those lines is good for starters

Ha your going to have to get use to ppl like that in these forums(trust me, I've learned to ignore ignorance). I'm surprised this thread hasnt been closed yet.

He is right...you paid for the phone but I feel like you paid for it...You can complain about it. It's yours...to say, do, feel, think or however you want and this is a forum for us to complain, talk shit about, learn new things, fix things and everything about our phones. But don't worry about it hon

And as far as google nav...I've actually never used google nav on the eris(1.5) and had some issues with google nav via 2.1 i actually never really have that much use for navigation because im rarely in an area where I would need it but yeah lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Ha your going to have to get use to ppl like that in these forums(trust me, I've learned to ignore ignorance). I'm surprised this thread hasnt been closed yet.

He is right...you paid for the phone but I feel like you paid for it...You can complain about it. It's yours...to say, do, feel, think or however you want and this is a forum for us to complain, talk shit about, learn new things, fix things and everything about our phones. But don't worry about it hon

And as far as google nav...I've actually never used google nav on the eris(1.5) and had some issues with google nav via 2.1 i actually never really have that much use for navigation because im rarely in an area where I would need it but yeah lol

thanks carmen, its just stupid the way he called me a bitchass ect, actually pretty funny im over it :p

google maps was trash on 1.5...when i upgraded to google maps navigation i fell in love with the app, my friends and i are always out on the go (we live in los angeles) and always looking for the best partys, ect and when i did not have 2.1 we would rely on the iphone for directions :eek: when i introduced my friends to google maps nav. we immidietly fell in live, took us the shortest routes all the time, it was great...and it took me a very short way to get to arizona to go visit my uncle...im gonna miss it dearly

Upvote 0
thanks carmen, its just stupid the way he called me a bitchass ect, actually pretty funny im over it :p

google maps was trash on 1.5...when i upgraded to google maps navigation i fell in love with the app, my friends and i are always out on the go (we live in los angeles) and always looking for the best partys, ect and when i did not have 2.1 we would rely on the iphone for directions :eek: when i introduced my friends to google maps nav. we immidietly fell in live, took us the shortest routes all the time, it was great...and it took me a very short way to get to arizona to go visit my uncle...im gonna miss it dearly

ha well i've been called a whore, liar about my school being a public ivy, diva(although i like that) and even had all my social networking links aired out in the middle of the forum so trust me i know the feeling haha....

and yeah my friend used her iphone to navigate...i was like for the iphone to be so popular it doesn't talk to you lol

Upvote 0
I've seen the attacks; you handled it well.

When I encounter a person in a forum that seems to need to abuse or use foul language on a regular basis I'll just go to the control panel and enter their user name in the "ignore" area.

Thanks Frisco and I am glad that you told me about the ignore feature. I had no idea you could do that.

Trust me there is quite a few people, I'd love to be able to do that too haha

So what does it do?

Hide their comments?

Upvote 0
i can sense your fingers typing, but all i see on my screen is 'waa waa waa i want cake'

yer respectable? yeah and i'm halle berry. what exactly makes your complaining about the OP's complaining any different from the OP's complaining? in fact, because you took it to the next level and insulted the OP, you, my dear jagoff, are significantly worse.

now, in the words of my people - gai cockniff en yom.

+1(ha my first)

Upvote 0
I can somewhat relate, i went alias-storm when the storm released(mistake)8 storms later they put me into a tour, 3 tours later they put me into an eris, the bb fiasco lasted from may to december last year, been into the eris since and absolutely love this phone. was great on 1.5, 2.1 is leaps and bounds better. Battery life is somewhat short compared to the storm, i could run the music player all day on that and not charge for 2 days w/o much problem, however the tour was horrible. Doesn't make much sense to me, however the tour was a bastard w/ the battery. Eris was a lil weak for the first week or 2, since then no problems. 2.1 was a huge change in battery performance.

So far im loving it :)

Upvote 0
I see where you're coming from. If I were still in my 30 day period, I would have returned the Eris and just waited for the phone that was rumored to be coming out as a more powerful version of the Droid. Back in November, when I got this phone, it was the Nexus One, nicknamed the Passion. It ended up coming out on T-Mobile first, but looks like everyone is getting it by this summer. I just don't know if I could have lived eight more months without a smartphone. So I just came to terms with it and will sell the phone when I can get a new one for a reasonable amount.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones