1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

offline gps app for trail riding in middle of woods

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Marty Sue, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Marty Sue

Marty Sue Lurker

I hope this is an okay to ask about. We recently signed onto a private land lease and have access to a small hunting cabin in the middle of 10000 acres that has numerous trails we can ride our atv on. There is absolutely no cell service in the area. We've ridden with some others that have area also on the leas and got to see some of the main trails. I'm wondering if there is a basic app that I can put on my cell phone using GPS that I can "ping" our cabin so if we can try to venture out on more trails and not get lost/turned around... so I can at least look at my phone to know we are going in the right direction to head back.... or even retrace/backtrack the trails. There are so many turns/trails to take, many just leading eventually to a dead end/ gas well, etc.
    Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions.

2. Trom

Trom Well-Known Member

I use an app named "GPS test plus navigation" I believe it will do what you're asking and more, very handy

mikedt likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I use All Trails (hiking app) that allows me to download maps for offline use. I'm not sure it will work in your specific case as the trails you are riding would need to be in the DB, but it is worth a shot. If it can get you to / from a known location where you can find your cabin but find new trails it may work out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alltrails.alltrails&hl=en_US

mikedt likes this.