• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Offline GPS maps for Samsung Galaxy S - I9000 - India

Hi Android Users,

I am a newbie to Android operating systems, I own a Samsung Galaxy-S (i9000) and am from India. Its widely known as Samsung Vibrand, abroad.

Is there any offline maps for "India" available for this mobile?

Spec: Android 2.1, Samsung, Galaxy-S

The mobile has GPS device inbuilt in it.

Best Regards,
Senthur

I have Samsung Galaxy s i9000, with Froyo. On my recent visit to Rajasthan, i could get GPS fix (with much difficulty) but could not see my exact location, as the map was not getting loaded. i did not have access to GPRS nor Wi-fi connection. Is it because of non-access to GPRS or wi-fi connection, the maps did not get loaded and I could not see my exact location?

nitin

Upvote 0
Google maps uses Internet to download and navigate so it will cost data connection

Only for programming/planning/setting up your route. Once you've done that you can switch off all connections (e.g. Airplane Mode) except the GPS locator app and drive/walk/bike to your destination using Google Maps. No extra download of maps required. So no connection to networks required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones