• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Offline/online status issue

Hello to all!
I have a big question and the right replies will help me a lot (more thant you should thinks...)
I live in Italy and Ive a 5g Zte 72A smartphone.
This morning I was on a train and my signal wasn't perfect and I think It's normale during a train trip...
What's happened? That my gf wrote a message, I've replied normale but she goes crazy because, she says, I've modified my status to offline in privacy settings.
I'm an old guy and for me WhatsApp It's like a SMS service upgrade with photos and videos and files uploader and I think It's Always online because you write me and I receive your message. I never changed this setting because first before today I didnt know that and second I didnt modify NOTHING.
How It's possibile that She saw me offline but I was online because Ive never changed my settings? Glitches, bugs, WhatsApp down of two days ago??
Thanks a lot for all replies.

Hello to all!
I have a big question and the right replies will help me a lot (more thant you should thinks...)
I live in Italy and Ive a 5g Zte 72A smartphone.
This morning I was on a train and my signal wasn't perfect and I think It's normale during a train trip...
What's happened? That my gf wrote a message, I've replied normale but she goes crazy because, she says, I've modified my status to offline in privacy settings.
I'm an old guy and for me WhatsApp It's like a SMS service upgrade with photos and videos and files uploader and I think It's Always online because you write me and I receive your message. I never changed this setting because first before today I didnt know that and second I didnt modify NOTHING.
How It's possibile that She saw me offline but I was online because Ive never changed my settings? Glitches, bugs, WhatsApp down of two days ago??
Thanks a lot for all replies.
most likely you were moving in and out of coverage on the train and the whatsapp server could not detect you and thus the offline status. does this happen when you are not traveling? if the answer is no, then just tell her it was a one off situation. if it keeps happening then check your cell signal, and see what kind of coverage your are getting. if you are on wifi, then check your router. it may need to be rebooted.

Reactions: mikedt and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones