1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Offline Route Calculation App Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oldbushie, Mar 31, 2011.

1. oldbushie

oldbushie Member
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    I'm looking for a solid GPS app that stores all the maps offline on the SD card *and* does route calculation without needing to ask a server for the best route. Money is no object, but I'd prefer a solution that doesn't have recurring fees. I've tried looking around but it's hard to tell which app has the most up-to-date maps as I live in an area with frequent road changes (Northern Virginia). Also, of course, some apps just don't seem to be active anymore and haven't gotten an update for a long time. I live in an area with spotty 3g/4g, especially in cities like Herndon, so offline navigation would be invaluable especially if I have to deviate from a pre-calculated route.

So far, it seems like the possibilities are CoPilot, Sygic, AndNav2, and NDrive among others. My one qualm with CoPilot that I've read about so far is that they are currently having license activation issues. Also, I would really like an app that's similar in feel to Garmin because that is what I'm used to using.

Advertisement