1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Offline rss reader app, ok permissions , data moveable to sd?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by electricpete, Oct 11, 2014.

1. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

I'm looking for rss reader app that:
    1-automatically downloads all new items while connected so they can be read later offline
    2-doesn't have insanely intrusive permissions
    3-gives the ability to store all downloaded items on external sd, rather than internal (btw this is for rooted gs4 running android 4.3)
    4-prefer free and ad-free, although I'd pay a few bucks if I were sure it would meet my requirements.

Feedly is the first rss reader name most people think of....but it is online only - doesn't do #1

gReader is often touted as an offline rss reader, but it Fails on#2 (needs access to "sensitive log data"!)

I'm really liking FeedMe (note the M , different than Feedly) as offline reader with reasonable permissions, free, no ads, and a great interface, but it fails on #3-puts everything on my internal storage.

Flyne looks like it charges if you want anything other than their preselected feeds (#4), and I'm not sure whether it stores on external sd (#3)

I actually have a solution involving pocket and ifttt that meets all four.....
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=872906

..... BUT it's a workaround and way too clunky. I'm looking for something designed as rss reader from the ground up instead.

If no attractive solutions appear, I will probably stick with FeedMe and cope with the internal storage issue by limiting the download cache size.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download