• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OG Droid Wifi Tether

I am trying to get my Droid to work with a wifi tether so I can get my TouchPad internet access anywhere I am. I've tried the wifi tether beta 6, and Barnacle, but it does not seem to be transmitting.

I am running "RAW" CM7.1 with the included kernel with that ROM.
I appreciate any suggestions to get this working again. I'm looking at a new phone soon-ish, but with CM7.1 (and an updated ICS version within a couple months), I'm really not "needing" a new phone yet, this works well enough for basic functions even if I can't do big gaming and high-RAM requirement apps :)

There we go, thanks.
I think I was getting lost amongst the number of options there and kept choosing wrong ones.
Now I'm off to the TP forums (oh how I sigh at that nickname for TouchPads :p) to figure out preware options so it will actually recognize the signal...something about ad-hoc or such signals like that it doesn't like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones