1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

og s2 switch to skyrocket. satisfied?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jam0n1t, Nov 7, 2011.

1. jam0n1t

jam0n1t Lurker

hey android community,
    I was just wondering if you've come across minor or major differences in the skyrocketfor those who've decided to exchange their og s2 for the skyrocket. I've noticed quite a few have jumped ship since yesterday and just wanted to get some last minute feedback before I make any decisions swithing. I played around with the skyrocket yesterday and sensed some choppiness compared to the original. well what do you guys think, satisfied?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Those phones in the store always get played with and never rebooted thus causing some lag.

jam0n1t likes this.
  3. PfcBgd

PfcBgd Member

JayC, not on day 1 15 minutes after opening...I'm sure I played more with my phone than they did with the one on display without rebooting.

jam0n1t likes this.
  4. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Android Enthusiast

Check out the T-Mobile section. The phones are very similar. I hear there is some lag but hardly noticeable.

I opted for the SGSII. Just picked it up today.

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Well each phone(of the same model) varies just like quadrant benchmarks.

6. SoCaliTrojan

SoCaliTrojan Newbie

True, although the snapdragon processor of the skyrocket has a slight, noticeable lag compared to the sgs2. On a couple of other forums, people who jumped ship are jumping back.

jam0n1t likes this.
  7. jam0n1t

jam0n1t Lurker

I actually stuck with the ogs2 because I personally felt it performed smoother compared to the skyrocket. I also thought the size was just right. I can manage without lte and hspa+ is not bad at all. both great phones but i'm sticking with the original:).

8. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Android Enthusiast

There is most certainly a noticeable difference between the 1.2 and the 1.5ghz processors. The 1.2 Exynos is Samsung's flagship dual-core chip. The 1.5 is in the existing line of Snapdragon (which are still excellent processors).

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I don't see any difference between the two phones after the SR got updated to 2.3.6 from 2.3.5. They obviously made some performance tweaks and mentioned something about touch screen accuracy fixes.

The only thing I prefer on the OG GS2 is the textured backing, the one on the SR is slick and likes fingerprints. Ideally they would have used the 1.4 CPU from the Note and the resolution from the HD LTE for the ultimate phone but we won't see that until Samsung's CPU is working with LTE.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews