• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OGYoutube or any alternative

samir362019

Lurker
Nov 18, 2019
Hi everyone, i truly know so few about this and i wish if you could advise me

For couple of years been using OGYoutube with no issues until i had to reset my phone to factory few days ago (Galaxy note 9 - unrooted as far as i know since i got it brand new). I truly failed every single time although i watched countless videos on Youtube nothing seems to work, tried also with Youtube Vanced and i'm stuck, had to reset it again to factory and i truly donna wanna use the normal Youtube app. Question is:

Could you please provide working links and steps on how to download and install OGYoutube /or Youtube Vanced /or any other alternative for youtube? Please note that i'm also struggling to uninstall Youtube app as it come installed from factory into my Note 9. Thanks very much

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2019-11-20-07-48-26.png
Screenshot_2019-11-20-08-01-44.png
Screenshot_2019-11-20-08-02-17.png
Screenshot_2019-11-20-07-46-29.png
NewPipe is another alternative

Upvote 0
I find NewPipe to be the best Youtube replacement.

It is available on F-Droid.

If Youtube is a preinstalled app on a nonrooted phone, all you can do is disable it.
This will put it back to the original version that it was when the phone was new.

Disabling it also prevents it from turning itself on and from running in the background.

You can then set NewPipe as your app to open Youtube links.

The first time you click on a Youtube link (like in your browser or some other app) your device will ask you what app to open the link with, and then give you the choices of 'just once' or 'always'.

Upvote 0
I find NewPipe to be the best Youtube replacement.

It is available on F-Droid.

If Youtube is a preinstalled app on a nonrooted phone, all you can do is disable it.
This will put it back to the original version that it was when the phone was new.

Disabling it also prevents it from turning itself on and from running in the background.

You can then set NewPipe as your app to open Youtube links.

The first time you click on a Youtube link (like in your browser or some other app) your device will ask you what app to open the link with, and then give you the choices of 'just once' or 'always'.

Welcom to Android Forums puppykickr

totally agree NewPipe is real cool . :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
YouTube Vanced keeps on crashing.. I'll visit the video you included in the post and install NewPipe

Its been years since I installed YouTube Vanced but if I remember correctly you would have to go to YouTube in settings and force stop, clear catche and data then unistall updates or aomethimg to that effect. Couldn't give you proper advice. Thats best left to someone better qualified than I, Just quote ocnbrze in this thread, Hes really smart and you can trust his advice
and I didnt realize YouTube Vanced was crashing .
Oh, I read the previous post that YouTube Vanced was working perfectly. My lol was because I thought you still downloaded Newpipe anyway. So if I understand correctly, you clicked a link? My link???

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Its been years since I installed YouTube Vanced but if I remember correctly you would have to go to YouTube in settings and force stop, clear catche and data then unistall updates or aomethimg to that effect. Couldn't give you proper advice. Thats best left to someone better qualified than I, Just quote ocnbrze in this thread, Hes really smart and you can trust his advice
and I didnt realize YouTube Vanced was crashing .
Oh, I read the previous post that YouTube Vanced was working perfectly. My lol was because I thought you still downloaded Newpipe anyway. So if I understand correctly, you clicked a link? My link???

Hey sir, thanks for your response, my YouTube Vanced is now sorted, i simply uninstalled and reinstalled again, let's hope it stays good! Tx again

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones