1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Oh hi.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mosiah, Feb 6, 2011.

1. mosiah

mosiah Newbie

Just wanted to pop in and see what the cool kids are up to, yeah I just finally switched over from the moment, go me, love the phone, very slick, I still have 30 days to try it out and can always switch to the epic, but I was lured in by the larger screen size and noticed I really wasn't using my keyboard on the moment, anywho, I've noticed that my data speeds have slowed down, like I downloaded handcent and it took about an hour, then started downloading the nova app update, after 2 hours and only 20% of the download finished I decided to try a hardboot, now after an hour only at %12, pretty slow for a 20 meg download, on the moment I was able to download handcent and googlemaps and all sorts of dumb apps in under and hour, has anyone else had this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

Welcome to the evo. You'll wonder how you ever liked the moment after you get used to it.

That said my 3g is pretty fast. 2mb files come down in under a minute. Somethings going on with your phone but I don't have a clue where to tell you to start looking. I think there may have been a few threads on slow 3g in the troubleshooting forum. Maybe search there to start.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

The problem my be the tower, not the phone. Have you tested data at significantly different locations?

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

That could be the problem. You might also try going to menu->settings->system updates, and updating your profile and PRL.

5. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

6. mosiah

mosiah Newbie

Oh my gosh, so many helpful replies.

I literally just finished getting my msl and resetting the proxies as per the sirius radio/pandora fix, I had to do this on my moment.

As far as towers go I'm unsure on how to change them? I mean I work about 15 miles from where I live which is out in the middle of no where but I seem to have about the same speed.

I did notice while reading and typing this that my apps were downloading faster and my web browsing is fine, youtube is still a little stuttery but I think with the proxy change and maybe hopping some towers it should help/fix it.

And I did update my profile and prl last night after posting here and didn't notice a change.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews