1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

oh merciful JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pat Frost, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Pat Frost

Pat Frost Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2014
    After years of using my wonderful dell desktop, running Win7, I am now confronted with a Craig tablet, for a friend who is intimidated by computers, and I AM TRULY AFRAID! up until 2 weeks ago, I did not even know the words Android..or Wi-Fi for that matter. I have read the manual 4 times..and it turns on, and says it's connected, but when I try to log into Gmail, or Google, or ANYTHING..I get the "may not be provisioned for data services"
    error..and this after trying for weeks. it's enough to make me go bear baiting, except for the frigid cold temps. someone please help me!!!!!!:thinking:

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello Pat Frost. Welcome to Android Forums. I've never been confronted with the error you received but I see by searching that it is not that uncommon. I found a video that might help you in fixing the problem. Here is a link to it's page:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...dYY4I3J_g5slTsiQTx-srFA&bvm=bv.59026428,d.b2I
    I hope that will get you up and running. I see that we do not have a dedicated discussion area for your tablet. We do have a general tablet discussion area that might help you to understand and enjoy your tablet to it's fullest potential. Here is a link to that area: -- General Tablet Talk - Android Forums
    Best of luck to you and thanks for joining these forums.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Welcome to the forums :)

Glad to have you here and I hope you enjoy your time here with us!

4. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Call tech support at the carrier the phone is supposed to have an account with. (If it happens to be Straight Talk or another American Movil company, go to their Facebook page - that's where they do their tech support.) (I'm assuming that there is a phone account for that tablet, and a SIM card in it if it's a GSM account. Tablets don't come with phone accounts.)

Provisioning an account for data is simple - you tell them what the tab says and, if your account is supposed to be provisioned for data, they click a few things and you're provisioned for data. (It may take one or two minutes for it to get all the way out to where you are on the network, In rare cases, I've heard of it taking several hours.)

It's not something to worry about - unless you were thinking of gatting data by phone network without a data account. But the wifi part should be working - assuming you have a wifi router.

ocnbrze likes this.