• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help oh... you gotta be kidding me! ... bricked??

i just woke up, clicked the red pwr button (i like to take a peek at the news first)... and the htc splash screen came on

for a moment i thought... "1.6? could it be??"

i heard the little strum... but my screen has since gone black and i haven't seen a thing! just..... BLACK

plugged in, i get the amber light -- but it doesn *not* appear in MyComputer when attached via USB
: (

i'm not getting a good feeling about this guys
:thinking:

not bricked

the phone started

the batt just died

wtf?!

it was 100% last night when i went to bed - as in... plugged into my laptop, green light

i unplugged it, set it next to my bed - and went to sleep

and i went to sleep LATE too - around 3am

i woke up around 7:30

four-and-a-half hrs and the batt was dead!

its back on now, seems to be working fine but... for petes sake! 4-1/2 hrs!!

Upvote 0
The same thing happened to me the other night. Went to bed with about 50% battery left and when I woke up it was dead. Then yesterday I read about the dialer/messaging application issue. I downloaded Handcent and have been using that as my main text messaging application. No more battery drain because the phone is able to sleep now.

Upvote 0
Well, that is good news. I hope you figure out what happened. Oh, and why wouldn't you keep the thing plugged in all night on the charger? Just wondering...

number one..... I DIDN'T THINK I REALLY HAD TO! i mean, overnight? c'mon!

but now, yeah - maybe i will

but also.......... i had just read last night someone say you really can't tell about the battery until you've had it for a few days, let it charge and discharge a couple times - and i was going to do that, i was going to use it heavily today and not leave it plugged in while i'm driving to keep it topped off (i've got a car charger)

well, it got its workout! now i'm going to need to leave it plugged in just to get a usable charge!!

Upvote 0
number one..... I DIDN'T THINK I REALLY HAD TO! i mean, overnight? c'mon!

but now, yeah - maybe i will

but also.......... i had just read last night someone say you really can't tell about the battery until you've had it for a few days, let it charge and discharge a couple times - and i was going to do that, i was going to use it heavily today and not leave it plugged in while i'm driving to keep it topped off (i've got a car charger)

well, it got its workout! now i'm going to need to leave it plugged in just to get a usable charge!!

That's good to hear, I think I'll let mine run completely out and recharge.

But fyi I'm cominng from the Pre and the first week or so the battery was terrible but after more use the battery seemed to improve. Maybe we're looking at a similar issue with the Hero. I also remember this happening with my HTC Diamond, battery improved as time went on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones